Mascaras: L'oreal Voluminous "Superstar" Mascara Review

According to L'oreal Paris, their New Voluminous Superstar Mascara is "L'oreal's first Primer and Mascara for a show-stopping lash effect. Super-volumizing primer builds dramatic volume on every lash and creates an ultra smooth base to maximize mascara impact. Fiber-rich mascara extends lashes to the extreme."



I of course bought this on sale, but this mascara retails at $10.99. It is a duo-ended mascara, where one end is the primer and the other end is the mascara.


Let's take look at the mascara's brush heads. On the primer end, you can clearly see the primer is white, and it does change your lashes white. The brush has a quirky shape, where the ends are fat and the middle part is skinny. I find that this shape allows the brush to prime all the lashes on the eyes, even the ones in the tight corners. The skinny middle creates this curve on the brush that allows the brush to curl the lashes while it primes.

The Mascara side of the brush is your average curved mascara brush with median length bristles. The curve allows easy application to the roots of the lashes, while curling them. 

The way I apply this mascara is by first taking my time with applying the primer, making sure every lash is coated, then before the primer dries, I quickly go over it with the mascara end. The results are nice. The mascara gives my lashes a decent amount of length and volume.

The mascara also stays on the lashes all day without any smudging or crumbling, which is great for it not being waterproof. It also keeps the curl in beautifully.

Is it the best mascara I have ever tried from the L'oreal Brand? The answer is no. I still enjoy my L'oreal Voluminous "Miss Manga" Mascara a lot more because it gives my lashes more volume, and it takes only one-step to achieve the look. However, I do not regret purchasing this mascara either, because this mascara does give my lashes a nice fullness that last throughout the day, and is easy to take off when I'm ready to take it off. 

Have you tried the L'oreal's New Voluminous "Superstar" Mascara yet? What do you think about it?
Happy Wandering, Alice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review