Snow White (DIY) Poison Apple & Red Bow




When you think of Snow White, it's hard not to have the Poison Apple and her Red Bow Headband pop in your head. That and her iconic bob hair style is basically Snow White's trademark look. You can not have one without the other. 

Instead of going out to buy an exact replica of the Princess's headband and a plain red apple, I decided to create my own. This way I can put my own twist to it and like a control freak I can decide how I want these two objects to look like. 








This apple cost me only a little over three dollars to make (if you divide each item used at equal value)!

The apple, vine, & gold floral coil wire were all from the dollar tree. And the bronzy-brown bead that I used for the stem came in a pack of 20 for about $4.00 (you only need one, so $4.00 divided by 20 is 0.20 cents per bead). And you will need a small amount of black and red acrylic paint. 

I am in love with how this turned out. It just looks so cynical, as well as, magical. 

This was also fairly easy to make.


The Red Bow Headband also cost around $3-$4 to make, if you divide each item used at equal value. 

You need a headband, I bought mine at the dollar tree in a pack of 2 (so that is .50 each per headband). You will also need 1.5 inch red, wired ribbon (you will use about two feet of this), a 1/4 inch transparent red ribbon (you will use no more than 4-6 inches of this), and a red rhinestone ribbon (you will only need to use 1-2 inches of this). Of course you will need glue to put everything together.

This was my first time making my own custom headband, and I admit, I could have executed it better, and could have made it look cleaner on the edges, but overall I have accomplished the effect I wanted, so I am happy with it.


If you are interested on how I made these, please watch this step-by-step instructions video on how I did everything. =)





To learn how I did Snow White's Makeup look, please "Click" here.
To learn more about the "Behind the Makings" of this look, please "Click" here.


Happy Wandering! Alice


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review