Revlon PhotoReady Prime + Anti Shine Balm

"This balm is a multi-functional face primer that can be worn alone, under or over makeup to prime + smooth the skin, and to eliminate shine. " ~Revlon Cosmetics~

I've been wanting to try this primer for a long time, and now that I have finally tried it, I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed.

 The sponge that came with it is basically useless. The best tool I find in applying the balm is my fingers. The balm is a thin and dry cream that smooths over the skin. It's easy to apply enough, however, it does take a bit of re-dipping my fingers for more product to cover my entire face with it.



The balm does a good job at taking away the shine on my skin, however, it does not keep the shine away for long. My skin becomes shiny again within a few hours. Luckily, taking away the shine is not the only thing that this primer can do. 


As you can see from the picture above, the balm also smooths out the skin and hides the pores, created a great canvas for foundation to glide on top. So your foundation will go on smooth with an even coverage. For that, I am happy with it. 


I will continue to use this primer until it is gone because it is a good primer, but it is not great where I will repurchase. I see this primer being great for those that have normal skin, but I find it too dry for those that have dry skin. I also do not see it working great for those that have oily skin because it does not keep the shine away for long. For reference, I have oily-combination skin.

Have you tried this primer before? How did it work for your skin type? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review