Revlon "HIGHLIGHTING PALETTES" Review

Just by looking at these multi-colored strips of highlights, it's easy to fall in love with them. I am a huge fan of this type of packaging for highlights because there are so many colors you can create with just five colors! It is also great for layering and creating dimension on the face, a technique that I have been loving.


 I wish Revlon would have named it other than Highlighting Palette, for example, a complexion or face palette would fit this product better because a lot of the colors within these palettes will not work as a highlight.
There are three different palettes available, retailing from $12-$14. Of the three, I bought three. I do have a favorite, and as I introduce each color palette, you will see why some will not work as a highlighting palette.

"Rose Gold"
As you can see from the swatches, the colors are definitely more of a blush than a highlight. I love the iridesceness of the soft pinks, but I hate how shimmery the first and third shades are. I love shimmer, but the shimmer within these two colors do not blend on the skin, instead it sits on top of the skin in chunks, so when your cheeks hit the light, you have this heavy streak of silver on your face. However, these shades would be great as an eye shimmer.


"Bronze Glow"
This is my absolutely favorite because it can work as a bronzer, a highlight, a blush, and as eyeshadows. This palette allows me to create that beautiful gradient of highlight melting into blush to bronzer on my face. I love the fact that it has that shimmer, stark cream strip at the top. Without it, I probably would have not enjoyed this palette as much as I do.

"Bronze Peach" 
I can see this looking beautiful on tan or darker skin tones. The warm tones of each shade creates this beautiful, sun-kissed sheen on the skin. On my skin tone it can look a bit harsh, but a little can create that effortless, carribean, suntanned look that I think would look great on my shoulders and collarbone for the summer. Something I am looking forward to.


So you see, even though not all of the palettes worked out the way it was intended for, I was still able to find a way for them to work on my skin. The Rose Gold I will using it as a blush and eye brightener. The Bronze Gold I will be using it as a complexion perfector, and the Bronze Peach I will be using it as eyeshadows and as a body powder. 

What product do you have in your collection that you use as something else? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review