Hair Care: Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque

There is a lot of hype about the Macadamia Natural Oil products, and the more I read the reviews, the more I wanted to try it. You see, my hair is naturally coarse, and it doesn't help that I colored it over the years, so my hair is quite damaged, especially the ends, since I also do not get my hair cut as often as recommended. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment is a miracle worker. I can't wait to give the Shampoo and Conditioner a try!



So I am in dire need of some good hair products to keep my hair in check, especially in the dry and brittle hair department. So the first product that I have ever tried of theirs is the Deep Repair Mask thru a free sample. Since a sample is only one usage, I didn't know if I really liked the product or not. So I went and bought the 8.5 fl oz jar, the only size available at my Target. By the way, the





Rate: 3 out of 5
Where: Target, Online, MacadamiaHair.com
Price: 1 oz is $4.00, 3.3 oz is $16.00, 8.5 oz is $36.00, 16.9 oz is $55.00

What the company says:


"Our Deep Repair Masque is a hair reconstructor that will penetrate and rebuild damaged hair for improved shine and elasticity."
  • Enriched with Macadamia & Argan oils
  • Deep nourishment & long-lasting conditioning
  • Ultra-conditioning hair reconstruction
Directions
Liberally comb through clean, wet hair and allow up to 7 minutes of penetration before rinsing. No heat necessary. Deep Repair Masque is an intense treatment. Use no more than twice a week

    What I think:

    I do not use this masque twice a week, or even once a week, I only use it whenever I feel that my hair needs the extra moisture. This is an intensive treatment, where in other words you are providing your hair with nutrients, proteins, and oils that the hair lacks, and too much of it can actually damage your hair. Hence why they tell you to only use no more than twice a week. For me, if I use it twice a week, or once a week on a timely basis, I find that my hair will get overly oily, and I would have to wash my hair everyday, unlike the occasional every other day. I also do not enjoy the intense scent this product adds to your hair. It actually lingers for a whole day after you use it. I also find my hair to be a bit harsh after the treatment, which is why I only leave the product in my hair for about five minutes, instead of seven. However, after I sleep on it, the following morning my hair is quite nice and smooth, I guess it takes time for the repairing effect to work. This product is also great for de-tangling the hair.

    What others think:
    This product received mostly good reviews online. However, many do not like the overly strong perfume scent. One reviewer also pointed out that I never given thought to was that the product is a repairing masque, not a deep conditioner, a reason why my hair is a little harsh feeling after drying my hair.


    Happy Wandering more beauty products!
    XOXO Alice

    Back to Upcoming Reviews #7

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review