Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review

Hi everyone! Today, I have another Holiday Collection to share with you all, and this time, it's all about Smashbox Cosmetics! Smashbox's Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection is one of the best holiday sets that has come out this year in terms of being able to try out permanent products from the brand without the bulky, over-extravagant packaging. The artwork on the packaging is done by Aritst Ann Strumpf, and each set comes with stickers displaying her artwork as well.

From the collection, I picked out two that interested me the most, the Shadow + Highlight Palette Set and Be Legendary Lipstick & Lip Mattifier Set. 


The Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Shadow + Highlight Palette Set contains two full-size Covershot Eyeshadow Palettes and a travel size of the Spotlight Palette in Pearl, retailing at $39 ($77 Value).



(Pic) Top: Smashbox Covershot Eyeshadow Palette in Sultry (this is exclusive to this holiday set), Bottom: Smashbox Covershot Eyeshadow Palette in Ablaze. 

I have to admit, I was very excited when Smashbox came out with these Covershot Eyeshadow Palettes in Spring 2017, and Ablaze was the one that caught my attention the most, so there was no brainer on me picking this set up, and to finally get it at such a bargain! 

I have to say, I am a bit underwhelmed by the eyeshadow palettes. The colors are pretty, and together they create wonderful looks, but I didn't get that "WOW" when I used them. The shadows also fade throughout the day.


I do like the Spotlight Highlighting Palette. The highlights give the skin a beautiful, natural sheen. So, no complaints here.


The other set I bought is the Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Be Legendary Lipstick & Lip Mattifier Set. This retails at $25 ($61 Value) and it contains 6 mini Be Legendary Lipsticks and a mini Insta-matte Lipstick Transformer.


I want to quickly say that I do no like the Insta-matte Lipstick Transformer. It feels like a heavy silicone gel on the lips, and makes the lipstick look chunky. It does however do what it claims to do, which is change a cream lipstick into a matte lipstick. 

For the Be Legendary Lipsticks, I have always been a fan of their formula. The lipsticks are creamy, pigmented, and the lips feel moisturized for hours. The colors that came in this set are: (Pic, Top Left to Bottom Right) Famous, Audition, Primrose, Fig, Legendary, & Witchy.


I hope you enjoyed this Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review! Let me know your thoughts on these sets!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click to read more on, Holiday Makeup Sets & Kits

Comments

  1. I am sad after reading this post. The palettes set is one of my gifts for this Christmas... According to your experience, the shadows fade away... I feel disappointed. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, don't be sad. Enjoy your gift. They are still nice shadows. As long as you don't mind it faded after 5 hours or so. I'm sure you can use an eyeshadow primer to prolong the wear as well. I didn't use one, in this case, since I'm kind of over using primers for my eyes now. Haha...too lazy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog