Amazon Acrylic Makeup Storage Cases Review


These clear acrylic makeup storage units are so difficult to take decent pictures of, especially when you don't have the right equipment to do so. So I do want to apologize for the atrocious pictures, but I will link where I bought these units, so you can go over to Amazon and see better photos of these pieces.


This is the Sorbus Acrylic Cosmetics Makeup and Jewelry Storage Case Display- 2 Large and 4 Small Drawers Space- Saving, Stylish Acrylic Bathroom Case, $17.99

For me this was a must buy. The acrylic is of decent quality, but the drawers do rub against the walls of the case causing it to create an awful squeaky sound. I believe that this rubbing will eventually cause the deterioration of the unit, but I had mine for about four months now and there is no cracks or scratches yet, and I do open the drawers everyday.

This unit is able to hold quite a bit of cosmetic products. If you want to get an idea of about much I was able to fit in here, check out my Everyday Makeup Drawer video, where I filled up the cases with makeup products I want to use more of. 

The other piece is a top unit that fit perfectly on top of the "2 Large and 4 Small Drawer Case Display".


This piece is not sold separately from the company I purchased it from anymore, but there are a ton of displays like this on Amazon

I bought mine for $7.99, and it has 16 lipsticks holders, two deeper compartments, a more shallow compartment, and a small drawer. In all honestly, I find this a bit useless with all the different compartments. I prefer to have one display be fully for lipsticks/lipglosses, and another display with deeper compartments for taller products and makeup brushes. At least now I know what I want for my acrylic displays...the real challenge is finding exactly what I want.

Overall, these clear acrylic cases are perfect for storing makeup. You can see what you have, unlike the famous Alex 9-Drawers from Ikea (which I also have...). So if you have a small makeup collection, these would be perfect for you. Imagine having this on your vanity table with all your makeup organized in front of you. They also do not take up a lot of space, and they are stackable.

These are definitely a great alternative to those expensive Muji Acrylic Drawers that costs twice to three times the amount that I paid for mine. I am sure the quality of the Muji Drawers are on a different level to the ones I bought, but if you have limited spending income like I do, these knockoffs are a great replacement.


Do you have a few acrylic makeup cases in your collection? Let me know in the comments on how you like them! (FYI: I bought more!)
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review