Tarte Gym Bag Grabs Athleisure Essentials Review

I must confess, I don't go to the gym...but I am a makeup junkie and I love value kits...and I am a bit obsessed with Tart Cosmetics at the moment, so I had to buy this little set.


The main reason why I decided to buy this set was for the full-size Tarte Lifted Mascara. On its own, it retails at $21.00. So why not shell out $8.00 more dollars to try a few more products that I may have not have tried out otherwise. Sounds reasonable to me.

So this Gym Bag comes with the following products. The only full size is the Lifted Mascara, the rest are deluxe size items.


The only product I did not like was the Brighter Days Highlighting Moisturizer. For a moisturizer, it was not moisturizing at all. All it did was give my skin a load of shimmer, and let's be honest, who has the time or thought to look shimmery for the gym?

That brings me to my next issue with this kit. The whole concept was this being the ideal kit to bring and wear to the gym; a kit that will make you look and feel uplifted and "glamorous" while you work out. In truth, who thinks about putting on makeup to go to the gym? And the reason I believe this kit is before, not after the gym, is the claims on the mascara. Tarte claims that this mascara "is smudge-proof and waterproof, and it can resist any amount of sweat. This mascara is so great you can swim with this on and not have it run all over the place." Because of those claims, I have a reason to believe that this kit is for the gym, not after the gym. (FYI, it still smudged on me, and I wasn't even working out.)

The Lip Rescue is nice, but is too slick in texture to make it ideal for working out. I see it smearing everywhere, especially when you go wipe your face with a towel.

The Makeup Remover Wipes confuse me. Were you suppose to take off your makeup just to put more on? And these can not be refresher wipes either because these towelettes contain maracuja oil and leaves an oily residue on your skin.

I am not saying these products are awful. I happen to enjoy using everything (except the Moisturizer). It just does not work conceptually, at least not to me.

So those are my thoughts. What are you thoughts on this Tarte Gym Bag Grabs Kit? Let me know in the comments! 
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click on link for more Tarte Cosmetics Reviews!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review