Collection: Physicians Formula "NudeWear" Collection Review

Physicians Formula is known to have great packaging, but this new collection has to be their best one yet! It is just so cute and chic! 

This is their "NudeWear" Collection

As you can see, this collection only contains four pieces: A Concealer, Highlighter & Touch-Up Tool, A Glowing Nude Powder, A Glowing Nude Blush, & A Glowing Nude Bronzer. 

This line is meant for the "No Makeup" Makeup lovers, and that's me! 
I have been testing these products out for two weeks now, so here is my overall thoughts on them. 
Concealer, HighLighter & Touch-Up Tool
(NudeGlow) $12.95

This packaging is a twist-up brush, a type of packaging that I do not care for, but other then that, this is my favorite out of the four.

This is not a concealer for spot treatments, so if you are looking for something like that, I would skip on this. The concealer is thin and easy to blend into the skin. Because of its pinkish-undertone, it provides a nice brightening effect. However, if you have terrible dark circles, this may worsen them. However, it doesn't hurt when using this on the high points of your face (bridge of the nose, forehead, cheekbones, etc) to bring out your features.

Another great thing about this product as a highlighter is that the product is matte, while most highlighters have a shimmer base to it. So I appreciate having the option of highlighting my features without having to  pack on the shimmer. 
Swatches:
(Lt) Not blended, (Mid) Half-blended, (Rt) Completely Blended

**Now for the powders: For each powder, before use, on the letterings is a thin layer of golden or champagne shimmer. Wipe them off before use, because it is a lot of shimmer. Also, be warned, do not use all the powers together or you will look like a shimmery hot mess. Also, be careful when brushing on the blush and bronzer. They can easily blend to nothing and leave behind a frosty residue that just do not look cute.  


Glowing Nude Powder
(Medium) $14.95

I wish they have more color choices besides Light and Medium. I bought the medium, and I have to say, it is a bit light for me. I like using this to set the Concealer, Hightlighter, & Touch-up Tool. The lightest two powders also provides a nice highlight to my skin.

I, however, do not advise on using a heavy hand when putting on this for this powder has quite a sheen too it. So if you pack too much on, expect to twinkle like a shooting star in the sun, but not in a good way. A light dust to the cheeks and to the t-zone gives the perfect brightening effect to the skin though!

Powder Swatches:
Swatches from top left to right, bottom left to right
(Lt) Unblended, (Rt) Half-blended

Swatch of all four powders blended together.
(Lt) Unblended, (Rt) Half-blended


Glowing Nude Blush
(Rose) $12.95

This blush comes in two colors: Rose & Natural. I am reviewing the "Rose" blush. This is another product that I wish they had another blush with deeper colors. 

The colors are beautiful, so it's unfortunate that the colors do not show up well on my skin tone. The last and darkest of the four blush colors is the only one that gives my skin a nice little flush. Even when all four colors are blended together, the blush still does not give me enough color for me to justify that I have anything on, and if I pack a bunch of it on my cheek, then I just end up having a brick of frost on my cheeks that is not appealing at all. 

Blush Swatches:
Swatched from top left to right, bottom left to right order.
(Lt) Unblended, (Rt) Partly blended

All four blush colors blended together.
(Lt) Unblended, (Rt) Partly Blended


Glowing Nude Bronzer
(Light Bronzer) $14.95

This comes in two shades: Light Bronzer & Bronzer. I will be reviewing the Light Bronzer shade. I really wish I had bought the other shade, for the light Bronzer is maybe a shade darker than my skin tone, and once blended out, you can harder see anything but the tinniest wash of color. 

This bronzer actually took me awhile to appreciate the subtle glow it gives to  my skin. What I look for in a bronzer is a powder that will sculpt my face. When I applied this bronzer on, I was beyond disappointed, for I did not see much of a difference between this powder to my natural skin tone. After trying it again, I noticed this pretty glow on my skin that I just adore! This bronzer gives me the perfect, just kissed-by-the-sun look.

Bronzer Swatches:
Swatched from top left to right, bottom left to right order.
(Lt) Unblended, (Rt) Partly blended

All four bronzer colors blended together.
(Lt) Unblended, (Rt) Partly Blended

If I have to choose which one to recommend, I will definitely recommend the Concealer, HighLighter & Touch-Up Tool. Too bad they only have one shade for this product.

Here is a video where I demoed how the products look on my face, as well as, a spoken review!
I hope you find this helpful! 
Happy Wandering, Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review