The Shadow World: Shadow Hunter

The Nephilim, (half angel, half human...well they received their powers from the Angel Raziel) are the appointed warriors of Earth by the Angel Raziel. Their mission is to protect mundanes (regular people like you and I) from demons. They also keep order among the downworlders (faeries, warlocks, vampires, & werewolves) from killing mundanes and each other. 


The Author Cassandra Clare has created this dark world, and I daresay that her books are addicting. Her first series, "The Mortal Instruments", was the books that sucked me in, and she has two more series on their way to be published, "The Dark Artifices", and "The Last Hour". However, if you can't wait for them, "The Mortal Instruments", and "The Infernal Devices" series are complete and ready for the reading
If you would like to learn more, please check out The Shadow Hunters' Wiki. It's actually quite impressive and you are able to communicate with die hard fans. 

But today, I will be sharing with you my version of a Shadow Hunter. It's basically, "What would I look like if I was a Shadow Hunter."
My character is based on Isabelle Lightwood from "The Mortal Instruments". She is, in fact, my favorite character. I love how strong she is, with a hard exterior, but she really has a kind heart, but she doesn't give her heart to just anyone. 

So basically, I wanted my character to be as badass as she is. 


For the eyes, I wanted them to be dark and intense. So I kept my brows strong and full and I chose a dark blue shadow for the eyes and blended it with a black eyeshadow. I kept the shape of the shadow very rigid instead of smoking it out to keep the intensity of the look, while the rest of the face I kept it very angular and natural. And to do that I sculpted my face with bronzer, and kept my lips nude to keep my eyes the center of attention. Luckily, my face is naturally sharp with my high cheekbones and strong jaw line, so accomplishing this was a lot easier than I thought. 


Products I used:
L'oreal Visible Lift CC Cream (Light/Medium)
Urban Decay Naked Weightless Makeup
Revlon Colorstay Brow Enhancer
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Sephora Waterproof Smokey Cream Liner (The Deep End)
L'oreal Infallible 24hr EyeShadow (Midnight Blue)
Nyx The Smokey Palette
Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil (Black)
Revlon Fantasy Lengths Eyelashes
Wet N Wild ColorIcon Bronzer "Princess"
Nyx Blush (Pinched)
Tart Lip Insurgence (Can't find it, so don't know the name, sorry!)

Video:

I really hope you enjoyed this! 
I have been planning this since I discovered this series back in May 2013. So I am pretty proud of this, and I hope you like it too!
I do wish I filmed more of the runes (marks that give Shadow Hunters greater abilities), but I will show you everything in the Behind the Scenes Video! So stay tuned for that! 

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review