Hair Care: L'oreal Advanced HairCare Triple Resist with Arginine Shampoo & Conditioner Review

I have been trying out L'oreal's Advanced HairCare products of late, and their Triple Resist with Arginine Shampoo & Conditioner ($4.99) were the first products I tried from them. What sparked my interest in picking this duo up was the product's claim of reducing hair fall-out by 64%! Now I don't think I loose more hair than the average person, but I do feel like I shed like a Pembroke Welsh Corgi (my favorite dog) from time to time. So I thought this would help me with some of my breakage. 

On the bottle is states that it has an ingredient called Arginine, that makes this Shampoo & Conditioner unique. 

After some googling and good-old Wiki, I found out that Arginine is actually an amino acid that the body naturally produces. It helps in cell division, the healing process in our bodies, and the releasing of hormones. Sounds good.

 Of course, the Arginine in the shampoo and conditioner is synthetically made, and according to L'oreal, the Arginine is meant to nourish and reinforce strands of hair from root to tip and help it resists breakage. So basically, it is an ingredient to help strengthen your hair. 

I have already finished using the shampoo and conditioner, and here is the verdict...



I do not like this Shampoo or Conditioner at all. 


Reasons in to why I do not like this duo:

One, the Shampoo's ingredients may be too strong for my hair. I feel as if the shampoo strips all of my natural nutrients from my hair, leaving it feeling stringy. 

Two, the conditioner is not conditioning enough for my needs, especially after the shampoo has stripped my hair raw. I find myself using more of the conditioner to get that nourishing feeling that a good conditioner will give, but after I rinse this conditioner off, it just does not feel right. My hair is also extremely tangly after it is dried and will remain so until I wash again, and if I use the same shampoo and conditioner, the cycle of dissatisfaction continues.  I am amazed that I managed to finish up the bottles.

Three, I did not see any less hair in the drain after my hair washing session. In fact I believe there was more hair in the drain! That made me quite nervous. 

Four, my hair gets oily faster due to the lack of oils in my hair from the shampoo. I found myself needing to wash my hair everyday than my usual every other day routine. 

So judging from my experience, this is not the shampoo or conditioner for me. I don't recommend this to anyone from my personal experience, but of course I must say this...*all ingredients work differently on everyone, so you never know unless you try it.*

 I am in the process of trying out two more products from the L'oreal Advanced Haircare line, and I am having more success with those than this one. I will have reviews up when I have given them a good test run! 

Happy Wandering! Alice



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review