My Skincare Routine (June 2014)

As I have stated before in one of my older videos, my skincare routine is extremely simple. I don't really believe in using a lot of product on your skin. Something about me being paranoid that my skin would become immune to certain ingredients that when I'm older and in need for more skincare, it won't work on me. This immunity paranoia thing is also the reason why I do not take medicine unless it is necessary. No flu shot for me thanks!




But anyways, this is what my skincare looks like.

It consists of only these 5 products, and sometimes I would use a makeup wipe or 2. 









This is my day and night cream, from the Finnish Brand, Lumene. 

I use the Bright Now Vitamin C Collection. 

I love the fact that both of these products are not heavy on the skin. It also brightened up my complexion immensely compared to how my skin looked last Novemeber. I remember thinking how sallow my skin looked, but now I am quite pleased with it. 

You can find this brand at CVS. (It is more economical if you buy the travel size, versus the big bottles, if there is no sale going on.)


With my night cream, I like to mix in two drops of this Professional Solutions Triple Action Vitamin C. 

I really believe the reason my skin is the way it is at the moment is because of this Vitamin. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps fight impurities and brightens up the complexion. And since you can't overdose with Vitamin C, I feel safe with overindulging myself with it before bed. 


For cleansing my skin, here are my cleanser and my facial scrub.

I am not in love with this cleanser by Alicia Silverston for Juice Beauty "Simply Pure Chamomile Cleanser", but I do like the fact that it is very gentle on the skin. The smell is awful though, but it does the clean my skin, and I am going to use it until it's gone, but I am not going to repurchase.

**This is a Vegan product**

Now for the Michael Todd true organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub, I happen to love and will look into repurchasing once I am done with the bottle. 

I just love how gentle it is and does not leave the skin feeling dry. 

And I am also loving the Charcoal trend right now for skincare, because it's has been one of my favorite ingredients in cleansing the pores.

And that is it for my skincare. Simple, huh? What is your skincare like? Do you have any recommendations? 

For more details of my Summer "No Makeup" Makeup look, please visit my blog (link provided).


If not, then please enjoy this video:


Happy Wandering, Alice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review