Foundations: e.l.f "Beautifully Bare" Foundation Serum Review

e.l.f has a new line called "Beautifully Bare", where the concept is the ever popular theme of having that natural look while still wearing makeup. 


This Foundation Serum is one of the few products that are currently available in this line.

It comes with 0.47 fl oz, priced at $8.00 and there are three colors to choose from at the moment, but I am sure that there will be more soon. 

I have used this nearly everyday for two or so weeks now, and I can honestly say that I am really enjoying this foundation serum!


I'm not entirely in love with the coverage because this foundation has very light coverage, I am in fact, in love with the way it makes my skin feel. The product comes out very thin and watery with a smooth, silicon silky touch (hence the serum), but as you rub it into the skin, it starts to feel powdery and your skin is left with a beautiful matte, velvety finish. 


This Foundation Serum also contains Vitamins A, C & E, as well as, Grape Seed Oil, Pomegranate Oil and Goji Berry to nourish the skin.

Since the days are getting more hotter and more humid in California (Summer time), I have been using this foundation serum in replacement of my moisturizer and it has been going well so far. Because the serum has a matte, powdery finish, it controls my oils perfectly. I hardly have to touch up during the day, and only near the end of the day do I feel like I need to really wash my face.

RELATED VIDEO: e.l.f "Beautifully Bare" Foundation Serum Review & Demo

This product also has SPF of 25, so it is perfect to use as a sunscreen.

Now let's talk about the coverage. Like I said earlier, this is a very light coverage foundation, and is hardly build able to become medium coverage. So if you are looking for something that gives decent coverage, this is not for you. This actually will make a great primer for your foundation. 

Another use for it that I haven't personally tried yet, but e.l.f claims you can mix it with a thicker foundation to create your perfect coverage or perfect shade.

I find this serum to be quite versatile and because it is on the thin side, in order to cover my face and neck area, I need at least two pumps to be satisfied, where for the average foundation I only need one pump, but overall it's been great.

Happy Wandering Everyone! Let me know what you think about this Foundation Serum when you try it! xo! Alice

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review