It's a "BIG SHOT" or is it not? (feat. Maybelline the Colossal BIG SHOT Mascara)

To cover a mascara with a chrome plate of gold is a ballsy move. It is basically claiming this mascara is amazing, is incredible, is the BOMB! Maybelline even hired two big Beauty YouTubers, MannyMUA and MakeupShayla to be the faces of this mascara, and let me say, the commercials were pretty extra. 

Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal BIG SHOT Mascara
So...it is a BIG SHOT? Or is is not?...for me, of course.

Let's look at the claims for this mascara first. Maybelline states that this mascara "will give you lashes like a BOSS! This mascara is suppose to give you full volume with just one coat of the collagen formula mascara. The mascara brush also features unique, wavy bristles that cradle your lashes".

Here are the results on my lashes.

As you can see, it does give me some volume to my lashes with the one coat, but two coats is where the gold lays. 


To be perfectly honest, I was expecting more from the Big Shot, mainly because there was so much hype about this mascara, especially for the Beauty YouTube Community. I do enjoy using this mascara. It's does a good job on creating volume, but I wish it would flair out my lashes a bit more, instead of clumping them together.  The wear time of this mascara is great, my curl kept up all day, there was no flaking or crumbling, but I did get some smudging at the end of the day. Also, this mascara is a bit tough to take off. 

Overall, this is a decent mascara, the better mascara you can find at the Drugstore. I bought mine at CVS for around $10.00.

 So have you tried this mascara yet? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments below.
Happy Wandering, Alice.


Click, to read more reviews on MAYBELLINE COSMETICS products!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review