Hair Styling Products: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Finishing Paste Review


I want to first say, that I am reviewing this product on the aftermath of how it worked on my hair and what I use it for. I do want to point out that this product supposed to be used differently than how I used it. It is made for those that have shorter hair (pixie cut short), and my hair is...well long, super long. I also have been a Garnier Fructis user for years. My favorite products of theirs are the Sleek and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner, I believe I have used up at least 4-5 bottles each!


Rate: 2.0 out of 5.0
Price: $3.00-$5.00 for 2.0 oz, in other sites, they can cost up to $9.00, it is better to buy in-stores.
Where: Walgreens (great deal if on sale!), CVS, Target (cheapest), Amazon.com

Featured in Allure in 2011!!!!

What the Company Says: (Found on Garnier Fructis Website)

24-hour clean definition. Zero stickiness.


    With 99% naturally-derived formula, you get more performance - up to 24 hours - and less stuff your hair can live without. That means no silicones, no dyes and no parabens. Just pure, clean definition. 

    Hold Level: Extra Strong

    How to use: DIRECTIONS: Warm a small amount of paste between palms to activate and gently rake through ends with hands to accentuate layers.

What I think:
This product is suppose to accentuate layers, however, I use it for my fly aways. For those of you that have little hairs that stick out of your head, know how ridiculous they can look sometimes, and believe me, I've got it bad! So I thought, why not try a paste? You might think it would work, right?



Well, it does work...a little. It will keep most of my little hairs down, but not for long. In fact, if I use this product alone, it won't last long at all. I find that I would need to pair it up with a hairspray for it to last, which I do not want to do everyday. What is the point in using a harsh chemical product and then, a cleaner, more natural product. The whole point was to have the feeling of a no chemicalized, non-sticky scalp! However, I do understand that it is a "finishing" product -- meaning, it needs to be paired up with other products. What this paste is suppose to do is to add that last minute texture to the hair, but I wish it had a more maximum hold that the company claims it has.

And I do find that there is no stickiness (as the company claimed) and it feels as if you don't have any product on your hair at all, also, it smells quite nice. However, I also did love the way Garnier Fructis  products smell.

What others think:

The reviews from other users were interesting. I found that those that have extremely layered and short hair, loved this product, while those that have longer layers or are using it for fly aways (like I am) are left disappointed (like me). Interesting how things turn out, huh? (My favorite places to read reviews are Makeup Alley, the company's webpage, and amazon. Hoped that helped on where I find other reviews! Makeup Alley is my favorite, I find that the reviewers there are extremely passionate about makeup and beauty, and they are also very honest and un-bias.) 

What are your favorite Garneir Fructis Products?
Happy Wandering, Alice

Back to Upcoming Review #7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review