Hair Styling Products: Jonathan Dirt Texturizing Paste Review

Rate: 3 out of 5
Price: 3.35 oz $26.00
Bought: Jonathan Product, Ulta, Amazon (Cheapest)

What the company say: (information from Jonathan Product website)

"Texturizing Paste (3.35 oz) 
This non-greasy, non-sticky water based texturizing paste infused with Lemongrass Essential Water adds manageability. Sweet almond protein helps repair all types of hair. White tea, almond, horsetail and nettle extracts nourish, stimulate and condition.
A potent antioxidant blend of natural plant botanicals combined with a UV filter help protects hair and prevents color fading.




This mineral oil-free, water-based texturizing paste is especially good for giving hair control, definition, separation & that better-than-clean, day-after look.
Phthalate free. Gluten free.

There is something amazing about the way hair looks and behaves the day after washing. It has great manageability and sheen. Dirt gives you the day-after effect simply, without hassle. Mold, chunk, separate, texturize: Have fun."


What I think:
I use this product for fly aways, and I have to say that the strength of the waxy paste is not very strong, however, I don't use a lot of it either. It works a little better than the Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Finishing Paste, however, my fly aways are flying away within an hour or two! 




I can see how this will work for those that have short, layered hair. The texture of this product is not sticky, but it isn't smooth at the same time, it is almost tacky. It has this odd kind of friction when you rub it between the fingers, and it will cling to the hair, like wax. Maybe if I put more of it on, my fly aways may stay put, but I don't want to risk it having my hair look dirty. I am sure, those that have more skill with styling your hair will have more of a success than I do.

What others think:

From reading a bunch of reviews, there is an overwhelming number of positive reviews compared to negatives. Most users love the texture, the smoothness, and say how a little goes a long way for their hair. They also do not seem to mind the high price tag on it either. I guess my hair just doesn't like to be messed with, other than having it washed and cleaned. I have a feeling I just need to learn more about hair to fully appreciate products, so time to go learn something!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Back to Upcoming Blogpost #7

Comments

  1. Hi. Any idea where I can find this other than eBay? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review