Sunscreens: e.l.f Studio SPF 45 Sunscreen UVA/UVB Protection Review

Will you look at that! Sunscreen in powder form!

Rate: 3.5 out of 5.0
Price: $6.00
Where: Eyeslipsface website

What the Company say:

A portable loose powder sunscreen that can be worn alone or over any makeup for key sun protection. Shields against harmful UVA/UVB rays to prevent premature skin aging and sun damage. The soft translucent powder is infused with healthy ingredients such as Aloe Vera Extract, Grape Seed Extract and Vitamins A,C & E to help nourish and soothe the skin.

What I think:



I really like the idea of having a sunscreen in powder form. One) because it is not oily, and mattifies the face on a hot and sweaty day. Two) It is so easy to apply on, quick and easily over makeup, unlike lotion sunscreens.



However, this product gives my skin such a powdery, ashy look that it is almost not worth using. I have to blend in the product very well, and wait until my oils help absorb some of the powder before the ashiness goes away.



What others think:

The most complaints about this product is the color of the product. Even though it is advertised as a translusent powder, the powder still have a pinkest tint to it. Applying the product on with the puff is messy and adds too much color, but with a powder brush, it will only add a light shade to the skin, that is easily blendable. So a powder brush is the way to go when applying this baby, however, it does kill the portable quality of the product. 

Many also do not like the scent of the product. I, on the other hand, did not notice the smell.


Having an extra layer of sunscreen is always better for your skin, especially when you are planning to be out all day in the sun. I only use this if I am doing activities where "looks" are not my priority, for example, hiking or going to the beach. Any other time, I think I will stick to makeup that has spf in them already and stay out of the sun! Haha!

I am actually really curious to try chemical sunscreen next. If you have any recommendations, please let me know! 

Happy beauty wandering! Alice

Back to Upcoming Review #8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review