Liquid Lipsticks: Mirenesse Lip Bomb #4 Glossy Lacquer Stain


A great thing about having monthly beauty subscriptions is that you will get full-size products without paying for the price. The Mirenesee Lip Bomb is definitely one of those products. I got it in my $10-monthly subscription (Ipsy.com) back in October 2012, and I absolutely love it! This product is also $35.00! So I am very greatful to have recieved it for less than $10. However, because of the quality, I am really tempted in forking over some big time cash and buy one or two more of their glosses! This is definitely a high-end brand located in Australia.

Rate: 4.0 out of 5.0 (Because the price is outrageuous!)
Price: $35.00 USD, If in Australia $39.00
Where: Mirenesse.com, Birchox

What the company say: Information found on Mirenesse website.


"A Revolutionary colour that combines gloss, stain and lacquer all in one!

 A satisfying NEW INNOVATION in lip colour; beyond gloss, stain or lip lacquer. Colour that drenches your lips for a juicy high impact colour that's feather-light and super-moist with a velvety finish. Power packed with non-smearing pigment that lasts and lasts. Colours may be mixed easily to create countless intense or nude looks depending on your fashion mood! Infused with a breath refreshing mint taste and Lip Perfecting Spheres plus caring vitamins. Who says you can't have it all?, Apply a small amount and mix shades to create your own personal shade! Infinity Lip™ Applicator allows for professional application of precision colour. Don't apply too much! It's better to apply a thin layer first then build it up if you want more colour. For extra long wear pair with a matching lip liner.



Key Ingredients:
• Lip Perfecting Spheres,
• Botanical Oils & Vitamin E
• Formulated for Sensitive Skin, Mirenesse Cosmetics are pharmaceutically formulated using organic Australian and safe, high quality and unique ingredients to minimise the risk of allergies."

What I think:

This is great quality and solid pigmentation. It is definitely a 3-in-1 (Gloss, Lipstick, & Stain). This just glides onto my lips effortlessly, with amazing color. The texture is creamy and thick. And it last forever on your lips. The glossy texture may disappear over time, but the color does not.

For this particular shade #4 is from the pink line. It can definitely be categorized as a hot reddish-magenta (the flash makes the color look hot pink). It is eye catching and when wearing it, make sure the rest of your makeup is neutral, because your lips will stand out. The high-shine of the gloss gives my lips extra volume, as if I am pouting, so I think those that want a little oomph to your lips, this will work beautifully. However, any high shine gloss will also do the trick. Once the glossiness wears off, the stain on my lips is true to color that I don't have to reapply, but just put on a lip balm or chapstick over the stain and I am good. So this lip bomb is definitely going to last me a good usage out of it.

Oh, why does it have to be $35.00! I would have bought at least 2 or 3 more by now, instead of cringing at the thought of price! I simply am in love with it! If these ever go on sale, I am definitely going to get more. I am eyeing #11 already. It is a beautiful nude shade, hopefully, it will look good on my skin tone.


What others think:


Surprisingly, there is not a lot of reviews for this product. I had to search far and wide, and went to multiple sites and blogs (Musingsofamuse posted a really good post of these products) just to read a dozen reviews, but after my search, here is the idea that I got from what others think. People love the intense color payoff, but find that the product is a bit messy. The applicator holds too much of the product, where you only need a tiny amount of gloss for your lips, and it also feathers out into fine lines. I did find that you have to let the product set a bit on your lips before allowing anything to brush against it, because the product will bleed around the lips and onto your cheek, but once it sets you are safe, however it still smudges and transfers. So expect that lipstick stain on your coffee cup and try not to kiss anyone!

Once I have bought a few more colors, I will definitely post swatches! 
Happy Beauty Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review