Hair Care: Paul Mitchell - Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner Review


I never thought in a million years I would buy a $15+ shampoo & conditioner, but I caved when my stylist at the time of purchase, pushed the products in my face. I bought it because, one, I really enjoyed the scent and two, she was extremely nice, so I bought it to help her out (she gets commission for every product she sells). 

The question is, was it worth every penny or should I have saved my money? 

I should have saved my money and here is why...








This Lavender Mint Shampoo won "Best Hydrating Shampoo by Self Healthy Beauty Award 2009".

And it is way too hydrating for my scalp. I have an oily scalp, so I do not enjoy products that make me feel like I have a head full of grease within 24hrs of shampooing it (I prefer to be able to wash my hair every other day).





For the conditioner, I do quite like it. The product consistency is not very thick, but it provides the hair with an intense coat of moisture that I can get away with using it as a deep conditioner (which I usually do) and your hair comes out incredibly soft.





All in all this product is just too moisturizing for my hair type, which is unfortunate since the ends of my hair are pretty dry, so a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner is perfect for it, but with an oily scalp it's just not going to work.

However, if you have a normal to dry scalp, this may be perfect for you, if you are willing to shell out the dough for them. Might I also add, the scent of this product is amazing!

I hope this review was helpful! What is your most expensive shampoo and conditioner? Did you regret purchasing it, or was it worth every penny?

Until next post! Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. thank you for the review this sounds like something i might like if i feel like splurging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was pricey, but it was a good experience. I felt fancy every time I used it, haha! Wish my head liked it better. =/ Thanks for reading! =)

      Delete
  2. i think its not available in my country

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a pain when it's not available in your own country! I feel ya! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review