Brushes: e.l.f Essential Eye Brushes Review

On eyeslipsface.com, the company states that their Essential Professional Brush Line are "High-quality, professional brushes". 

I wouldn't go as far as to claim these brushes to be the highest of quality, because they are not; they shed, they are not the softest, and their brush-heads tend to fall off the handle. That being said, here are the reasons why I still would recommend them despite all that. 



As you may already know, e.l.f has face brushes in their Essential Professional Line, as well as, eye brushes. So why am I not reviewing the face brushes too? Because they are not worth mentioning. In short, don't bother buying them except for the one exception where I will be mentioning further along the post.

Now the eye brushes are a different story. If you are just embarking into this wonderful world of makeup and is confused of what kind of brushes you need to start a solid brush set, e.l.f Essential Profession Line allows you to buy a whole range of brushes for a dollar a piece. So you can buy their entire eye brush collection for $9.00. So you get 8 eye brushes and 1 face brush brush for less than $10.00, and you will have a decent range of eye brushes to create any eye look. 

Like I said before, their eye brushes are not the highest of quality. In fact they are cheaply made, and shed every time they are washed, and some are a bit rough, but among the ones I own, here are a few that I recommend getting.

Essential Professional Concealer Brush
This is the only essential face brush that I recommend and I do not recommend it for its written purpose either. It may say concealer brush, but I find it to be a perfect detailing/eyeliner brush.



Essential Professional Eyelash & Brow Wand

You do not need to buy an expensive eyelash & brow wand, because in all honesty, there is not much difference between an expensive one or an inexpensive one. So save your money, and buy this, it works and it will lasts for a long time. 



Essential Professional Eye Crease Brush

I love the size of this brush. It is the perfect fit for my small crease. It also makes a pretty good blending brush for darker shadows. 


Essential Professional Blending Eye Brush 

This is just a larger and fluffier version of the crease brush. Great for blending colors together or adding just a hint of color. 



Essential Smudge Brush
This brush is great for adding and smudging color on the lower lash line. The brush is dense so it does a pretty good job with creating a smokey eye.




Essential Professional Eye Shadow Brush

For my the size of my lids this brush is perfect for applying on shadow. However, for a regular shadow brush, the brush head is pretty tiny compared to most regular shadow brushes.



Brushes where I thought could have been better.

Essential Professional Smudge Eye Sponge
There was a nice idea behind this brush, but I personally do not like smudge sponges. I find that they have too much grip that they rub and stretch the skin, and they also take away the color of the shadow. This brush was no exception to that.


Essential Professional Defining Eye Brush

I believe this brush is too fluffy to be a defining brush. It just makes a mess when applying shadow, but decent as an angled eyeshadow brush for the outer corner of the eye.



I hope this review was helpful, and thank you for stopping by! New makeup/beauty reviews will be up every Wednesdays from now on! Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review