BB Cream: Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C BB Cream SPF 20

If you haven't known already of my love for Lumene products, well now you know that I am a huge fan of Finland's Lumene Company, and I am here today to review their BB Cream from their "Bright Now Vitamin C" Line.


This BB Cream comes in three different shades: 00-Fair, 01-Light, and 02-Medium. As you can see, I have the shade 02-Medium, which matches well with my skin tone. It also shows you that their color range is not very wide. For reference, my foundation color for most brands is usually Nude, Light-medium, or Natural Beige... the lighter medium skin tones colors.

Besides the lack of color range, this BB Cream is an excellent BB Cream.

Here are all the points that Lumene claims this BB Cream does: (Url for this information here.)
  • Anti-aging
  • Brightening
  • Hydrating
  • Covers imperfections
  • Evens skintone
  • Protecting
I am going to go down the list, stating my opinion on each claim.

1) Anti-Aging: I believe this to be true due to the ingredients in this product. In the "Bright Now Vitamin C" line, these products have oils from an Arctic Cloudberry that is know to have anti-aging properties. I can not say for myself that it does wonders on my wrinkles, since I am in my twenties, and have not experience deep wrinkle lines yet. However, like they say, take care of your skin now, the less you have to do later.

2. Brightening: This is proven on my skin due to the immense amount of vitamin C I put on my face on a daily basis. Vitamin C is known to brighten up your complexion and I swear by using Vitamin C on my skin. Of course, using this BB Cream and only this BB Cream alone as your only source of Vitamin C, you may not see a difference on your skin right away, that is why it is always recommended to use products from the same line together, because they are formulated to work best with each other. I am also using the Day Cream and Night Cream from this line.

3.  Hydrating: My skin feels smooth and soft when I wear this product, but not overly moisturizing where I get oily mid-day. This is one of the reasons why I love this BB Cream compared to the other BB Cream I have, the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream. Lumene's BB actually does not feel wet and sets into the skin quickly, while Olay's BB Cream never really sets and I have to go over it with a powder. With Lumene, my face feels great for a good portion of the day, but like a moisturizer it does keep my face feeling supple and hydrated.

4. Covers Imperfections: Surprisingly this has pretty good coverage. Of course not enough coverage to rival a foundation, but decent enough where you will feel confident without having to use a foundation. However, if you are looking for something to cover extremely dark circles or pimples, this cream would not cover it all up, even with layering it. So I will have to say no on this one. You will still need a concealer.

5. Evens Skintone: However, the amount of coverage this product has, it does even out my skin tone. I am happy to say that if you have redness around your nose area and chin, this will do the trick.

6. Protecting: With SPF 20 and the amount of anti-oxidants this baby has, you will have protection from the sun and parabens from the air. Of course, this protection will not last all day, so I do recommend you reapplying it again halfway through the day (if you are going to be outside all day), which is easy since this is like adding more moisturizer or sunscreen to your face, and it won't look cakey.

Now let's see how it looks on my face.

Before BB Cream:

After BB Cream:

You may not see much of a difference, but I can tell by looking at these pictures that my under eyes circles are less visible, and my over skintone is evened out.

Here is a photo demonstration that I did on my hand. I love the way this product blends out without the tacky-after feeling. 


All in all, I really like this BB Cream and will continue to use it. 

Yet another tried and loved product from Lumene. It really makes me want to try out what else is in their "Bright Now Vitamin C" Line. 
(Products can be found in the US in CVS around $15-$20. If you are not from the US, please refer to their website to find if they are available in your country.)


 **UPDATE (12/27/14)** I noticed that this BB Cream actually oxidizes, and it turns a bit orange after sitting on my face for awhile. I never noticed it before, most likely because I was darker in the warmer months of the year. However, after trying it again in the fall/winter, I noticed the orange-tint it gives to my face, and I have to say, I am not too pleased with it. Although, I love Lumene as a brand, and love all the skin benefits from this BB Cream, I won't wear it if it makes me look like an Oompa Loompa. **

I hope this review was helpful and thank you for stopping by.
 Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. Looks like a great BBcream!
    I like the result on your face!
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review