Bare Minerals Holiday Collection Review 2017

Hello and Happy Holidays everyone! I have been testing out these three pieces I have purchased from the Bare Minerals Holiday Collection and I have to say, I have been thoroughly enjoying my makeup every time I use these products. Not only are these products beautiful to look at, but their quality is excellent as well. 



Let's start off with the Mineral Veil Finishing Powder. This is the Deluxe Collector's Edition Mineral Veil Finishing Powder. It is almost three times what you would normally get, and it retails at $38.00 with a value of $56.00.


First off, the packaging is beautiful. It is definitely a show piece.  The quality of the powder is amazing. I have never liked a finishing powder this much before. Bare Minerals describes this powder as a "translucent mineral-based setting powder that blurs imperfections and sets your makeup." Oh, and it does set your makeup wonderfully. The powder feels lightweight on the skin and it smooths everything out. You will not have to worry about your makeup smudging off with this powder! I am so glad that I have a mega-size, versus the original size, because I do not want to run out anytime soon!

Next we have the 18 neutral eyeshadow palette, called The Hidden Treasure Ready 18.0 Eyeshadow Palette. This retails at $46.00 with value $90.00.


I know looking at this palette there seems to be a lot of similar shades, and I agree, although each shadow is different from each other, it's undeniable of their similarities. The only defense I have with having a palette with similar shades, is the ability to create a flawless, transitioned look because you have all those shadows to help create that blended look. These shadows are also very easy to work with. They apply on with good pigmentation but easy to blend. It is very easy to create a lot of wearable, classic looks with this palette, and I have been enjoying this palette a lot.

Finally, we have the amazing red lip set. This is the Paint the Town Statement Matte Liquid Lipcolor & Under Over Lip Liner Duo. Bare Minerals do have a nude version of the kit as well, but I decided red fits more with the Holiday season. This kit retails at $24.00 with a value of $36.00.


This duo is a dream team. They create the perfect red shade that is not too cool toned and not too warm toned, and the color lasts for hours on end. I wore this duo once from the Mid-AMs to the Late-PMs, almost 12 hours of wear, and the color stayed put beautifully and comfortably, despite it be a matte liquid lipstick. Because of that, I wish I also picked up the nude version. 

So there you have it. My thoughts on these three holiday sets from Bare Minerals. What are your thoughts on them? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click to read more reviews on Holiday Makeup Looks!

Comments

  1. This palette is stunning. 😗😗😗😗😗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curios about the powder, interesting... Great holiday collection!! Definitely doing some more research about them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review