Fenty Beauty's Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick Review

Recently, Fenty Beauty by Rihanna released the Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick Collection. There are 14 colors in the collection and mind you, there are some pretty funky colors. The idea behind the color range is that Rihanna wanted a color for everyone. Each color is packaged in a slim, metallic crystal-like tubing, and each retails at $18.00.


Rihanna describes these lipsticks to be long-wearing with a petal-soft matte finish, created in a rainbow of weightless, color-intense shades designed to flatter all skin-types with no bleeding or feathering after application. 


Even though there was a lot of hype over this collection's debut, I still was not quite sold on making a $20 purchase in order to try a lipstick. So when Sephora offered a free sample as a 100 pt perk, and the color is a color I would wear, I jumped on it. So today, I have Griselle - a bold burgundy - Lipstick to share my thoughts with you. 


I had a great 1st impressions with this lipstick, which I did film along with a 5 hour wear test. The pigmentation held up very well through lunch and a cup of coffee. There was a lot of transfer along the way, I even ended up having lipstick on my chin by the end of the 5th hour, but my lips stayed colorful and comfortable. The only thing that bummed me out was the slight bit of feathering and bleeding action along my cupid's bow. In the description, it states that this lipstick will not feather or bleed, but it still did for me. Other then that, my first experience was a pretty positive one. If you would like to watch my 1st Impression Video, feel free to click on the link provided!


Now it's been a week after my first experience, and I have tried the lipstick a few more times since then. What I have come to realize is that I am no longer a huge fan of overly pigmented lip products. My obsession of the liquid lipstick look has finally gone my friends. So what I do now is just dab a bit of the lipstick on my lips and use my finger to smooth and pat the color in. Even just dabbing on the lipstick, there is still a lot of pigment payoff! When they say this lipstick is highly pigmented, they were not lying! 

So for what I am into now, I don't think I will be purchasing a full size, even though the Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipsticks are good quality lipsticks. It's just not what I am looking for at the moment.

What are your thoughts on the new Fenty Beauty Lipstick Collection? Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

  1. The fenty beauty lip sticks are so pretty. But kinda expensive. But gorgeous shades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the expensive price tag, which is why I can't bring myself to make a full purchase at the moment. But the one I have is so pigmented! It's crazy! Haha

      Delete
  2. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Tim hornibrook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review