Chinese New Year Inspired: DIY Lucky Liquid Gold

Happy Chinese New Year!

This is a gift that I made for my mom for the Lunar New Year. It has the gift of drink and chocolates all in one, as well as, a touch of the festive new year colors. 

The red and gold colors represents "Good Luck" and "Good Fortune". I also added a golden Ingot to add a bit more richness to the bottle. My mom can not eat much sweets due to her health, but I was just hoping that she will just enjoy the gift. I find it to be quite eye catching, and fitting for the occasion. 


I got this idea from these pictures from DIY Home Decorating and DIY Crafts Projects FaceBook pages. These two pages are probably my favorite places to find inspiration from, but of course I always add my own twist to it. I do want to make a pineapple one someday.

The materials you will be needing are:
1 bottle of Cider or Wine
2 bags of Lindt Milk Chocolate (red)
1 bag of Lindt White Chocolate
Red and Yellow tissue paper
Thin red ribbon
Adhesive of your own choice (I used tape)
A pair of scissors
Decorations of your own choice (I chose a Golden Ingot)

The instructions:

If you do decide to make this, or a version inspired by this, please send me a picture! I would love to see what you come up with!

Good Luck, and Happy Wandering!
Alice

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review