BB Creams: Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream

I have been hearing a lot, a lot, a lot of hype about BB creams over the past few years, and I know that this BeautyBalm this is nothing new, especially in the Asian beauty market, since we are known to be crazy attentive about our skin care. I also never tried the Asian branded BB Creams either, since I don't know much about their range in colors, and I am considered to be on the darker skin tone side, and most Asian brands don't cater to darker skin tones, which is a bummer.

However, I am always late with anything that is new, especially with foundations, or tinted moisturizers, since I recently found out that I have way too much makeup, and am now wanting to cool off on with buying too much. So by the time I decided to try a BB Cream, most makeup brands had already came out with BB Creams, and are coming out with CC Creams!

But today, I want to give a shoutout to my first BB Cream, the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream!

I had always been a fan of Olay products, and here are the reasons on why I decided to choose this BB Cream out of all the BB Creams I could have chosen:





#1. Olay is formost a skincare brand, and since BB Creams are known to be good for the skin, as well as, evening out the skin tone like a tinted moisturizer. I felt that Olay will actually come out with a "real" BB Cream, compare to the ones that the other makeup brands have been coming out with lately.

#2. Olay was not the first ones to jump on the BB Cream wagon. Olay is actually considered late in coming out with theirs. This makes me feel that they took their time with their formulation of their product, as well as, the whole Fresh Effects line.

#3. Olay is a drugstore brand, so it is affordable, however, it does retail around $12.99.

So here is my review.
I got the Light to Medium and have been using this product nearly everyday for a good portion of the second half of 2013 (so roughly 6 months). For a $10-$12 BB Cream, it comes with a lot of product, 2.5 fl oz, compared to the usual 1.0 fl oz, that most drugstore BB Creams contain. After six months, I had only used about half of the tube.

Olay claims that this BB cream has 6 skin perfecting benefits to it. (Information is taken from Olay's website: Olay Fresh Effects Collection)

1. Contains SPF 15, so it protects the skin from UV rays.
2. It is tinted, so it evens out the skin tone.
3. It refreshes the skin instantly.
4. It brightens the skin, giving it a radiant glow.
5. It hydrates the skin for 24 hours.
6. It smooths the skin, making it silky soft.

The only downside to this is the fact that there is little to no coverage. It is more a primer/moisturizer than anything else. I usually go over it with a mineral foundation to get the coverage I like, and it helps set the BB Cream since this is pretty moisturizing and I noticed I was getting shiny right away after application.



I also have to mention about the scent of this product. I rather like it. It has this sweet floral scent to it that is just very refreshing, but I do have to admit that it is a bit strong. So for those that are sensitive to scents, you may need to consider this as a factor.

After six months of using this, I have to admit, that I did not get my usual dry patches of skin when the colder days hit. I do believe this BB Cream plays a big part in preventing my usual winter dry patches. Which I am very grateful for!

So I will have to give this product an C+, due to its lack of coverage and oily consistency. However, it did help my skin along the months I used it, and am happy I experienced it. 

What other BB Creams should I try next?
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. I love this review! I was actually looking into seeing if I should get an Olay one, since right now I use a Korean BB Cream which is crazy expensive. This really helped me make up my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Della, I just did another review on the Lumene BB Cream, which I like better. If you are curious, go check out the review. =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review