Eyeshadow Palettes: Nyx Smokey Eye Palette Swatches & Review


Not too long ago, I did a look using this Smokey Nuetral eye Palette, and I believe I said that I loved it, or somewhere down the line of that. Well, I still love it and today I am going to go into more depth about why I love it so much. 

First, I want to let you know what the company says about their $7.50 palette:


"Where there's smoke, there's fire. And our best-selling Smokey Shadow Palette truly turns up the heat. All of our favorite smokey shades are here, allowing you to create an endless array of sexy, smoldering looks with one simple palette. Easy to apply and blend, these 6 pigment-packed powders are date night necessities."
                                                                                                                       -Nyx Cosmetics-

The colors are indeed beautiful and wonderful to work with. I already knew about Nyx's reputation of their great quality makeup with low prices (like eyeslipsface's studio line). So I was not at all surprised with the quality of this palette. 


Here are the swatches:

Each color was swapped only once and without primer. There is only one matte, which is the white shadow. The dark brown at the second left is a semi-matte shade, and the black is a glitter. The rest of the shadows are shimmer. 

These colors can work from day to night easily. I also like the fact that it has a good brow highlighting shade (a must have in an eyeshadow palette for me). You can also go from a simple neutral eye to a colorful eye and then to a dark dramatic eye. So it is very versatile to bring with you when you travel. 

So I rate this palette a solid A.

If you haven't seem the look I created using this palette, here it is!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review