Collections: Nyx Parallel Worlds Box Set Review & Demo

This box set is amazing! Not only is it inspired by the awesome book series, "The Mortal Instruments", but the items that come in the set are some good stuff! 

The whole set retails at $25.00, but the true value is $33.00, and you get a tacky black box that carries the Mortal Instruments' name on it.


This box also looks beautiful next to all my Mortal Instruments book collection!






This box comes with 6 items:

-The Smokey Shadow Palette
-Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul
-Boudoir Mascara Collection in Le Frou Frou
-Powder Blush in Pinched
-Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Black
-Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere



In all honesty, I bought this set because of the Mortal Instruments, however, the contents in the box contains some real gems. The Smokey Shadow Palette contains neutral dark colors that are pigmented and easy to work with, the Studio Liquid Liner is great with easy control of the brush, and who doesn't like a Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil?

Does the colors remind me of the two Characters that Nyx featured in their Look Book that comes with the box (Clary and Isabelle)? In all honesty, these colors are really fool proof colors, since it can work for any kind of style. Clary's character is more relaxed and natural. Heck, she doesn't even wear makeup in the book, while Isabelle is a sultry, seductive kind of gal. And with all the products that come with the box, they work for both natural and sultry looks.

I rate this box a B+, it is a great value, and although I do not like all the products, I did find myself falling in love with a few of them! 


From the two looks, I chose to recreate the Day Look, Clary Look, and here is how it came out.


If you are interested in how I achieved this look, just click on my video tutorial!

Happy Wandering!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review