Forever21 "Love&Beauty" Makeup Sponges Review

I was always curious about these kind of Makeup Sponges, ever since the Beauty Blender became a cult favorite among the beauty community, but because the actual "Beauty  Blender" is quite pricey, I never got the urge to go out and buy it & try it.

So browsing through the Forever21 website (which I gotten into a bad habit of doing weekly), I came upon this set for $6.00 (give or take $0.80). I was so excited because they just looked so pretty, and it came in three unique shapes, so I placed a order.

My first impression when I finally took them out of their packaging was how incredibly soft they are. The texture felt like a rubbery velvet, but doesn't have a lot of friction, so it doesn't drag on the skin like rubber would. However, the cuteness and the feel of the sponges is all I like about them.


The makeup sponges itself are very firm. So firm that they do not blend foundation well. In fact, they absorb so much of the foundation (even when damp) that it looks like you are not putting anything on and when you go over the spots that already have foundation, all it does is absorb whatever you had on your skin, leaving it patchy. It is a waste of foundation just using it. 

At first I thought the problem for the over-absorbtion was due to the type  of face product I used, which is a BB Cream who has a  pretty thin consistency to it and maybe the sponge needed a more dense product. So I tried using my Stila Stay All Day Foundation, which is a heavy coverage foundation, but no such luck. The same thing happened.

I think I will stick to makeup brushes and my fingers for now until I decide to fork over $30.00 to try out the actual Beauty Blender Sponge. And you probably have guessed it already, but I do not recommend these sponges. 

I hope this review was helpful! Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

  1. I too recommend brushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, brushes are fool-proof, but I still want to see what is all the hype about those beauty blenders! Haha!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this lovely review!
    Nice to discover your points about the sponges,I also use bushes.
    Thnk you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review