Concealers: e.l.f Essential Zit Zapper & Concealer Set Review

Hello beautiful people, today I will be reviewing this kit I bought from e.l.f awhile back, and I finally believe I used it enough to know one or two things about it to share with you. So starting with the basics...

...This kit comes with three essential line products that can be bought individually. Each product costs $1.00 each, and the entire kit is $3.00, so it is not a better deal if you buy the kit. However, it is cheap enough that it won't hurt to buy the whole kit and I do not regret buying it. 



Overall, it is a decent kit, if you have normal skin that is not sensitive and here are my experiences with these products. 


This zit zapper comes in the form of a roller ball with Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree, Witch Hazel, & Camphor ingredients in it. All of these ingredients are known to fight and prevent acne. 

I first want to say, that this is not for people with sensitive skin or for people with a history of bad acne problems. This is for those that have that occasional zit or two. So when I developed one of those awful lumps on my cheek about a month ago, I decided to give this Zit Zapper a try. 

Now here is a little TMI (Too much information), but I am the sort of person that does not mind popping her pimples when they are ready to be popped. When I used this zit zapper, my new pimple was just at its starting out phase. Sure enough, the next day the pimple had matured. However, I did not want to do any popping just in case it was not ready. So I reapplied the zit zapper two more times that day (morning & before bed), and the next day the zit was really ready to go! I popped it (gross, yes) and reapplied the zit zapper and in two days it was all healed up. 

At the same time this was going on, I had been applying this along my hairline, where most of my skin problems are located. I can honestly say, it had helped a lot with future, would-be pimples. 

I wouldn't say this is a miracle worker and will prevent all acne, but I do believe this product will cut the lifespan of a pimple in half and help prevent the start of acne to an extent. I know that for the size of my zit, it would have lasted over a week to pop & heal, but with the zapper's help, everything was done within 4-5 days. Less suffering for me.




On the e.l.f's website, it states: 

"-Cover up unwanted blemishes, underway circles, and spots.

-Multi-tonal treatment masks skin tone imperfections & redness leaving skin with a fresh, flawless appearance. The lightweight formula blends evenly into the skin for build able coverage."

I did not like this concealer the first time that I used it. It offered very little coverage and it had this extremely sticky and shinny finish to it, that you will need to set it with powder or it won't set at all. Then I used it a couple more times and I started to like the way it corrected my skin tone and redness around the nose. Of course, it didn't provide  enough coverage to cover up everything, but that was what I like, natural looking makeup.

There is also a pink undertone in the concealer, which makes it a great eye brightener, but because it has such a light coverage, this would not work on extremely dark under eye circles. This concealer would actually make a pretty good highlighter primer. 


The concealer brush that comes in this kit has a black handle while the original essential concealer brush's handle is white. For a concealer brush, it sure is teeny-tiny! But this brush is great as a detailing brush for your eyes and for a dollar, this brush is AMAZING, a must have, like you need 20 of these in your brush collection right now! If I were to choose one from the three to recommend, this is what I would recommend, 100%. 

Overall, I would recommend these products for those that have fairly clear skin, who do not need a lot of coverage and who's skin is not overly sensitive. 

I do not recommend this for those that have sensitive skin, since I read a lot of reviews about the zit zapper irritating the skin for those that have sensitive skin.  Also, the concealer will not cover redness 100%.

Also, I do not recommend these for those that have acne prone skin because I just don't think this would benefit you much. I would just save that $3.00 and invest in something else. 

I hope this was helpful!
Happy Wandering! Alice

For other E.L.F Reviews, HERE.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review