(BTM) Disney: Minnie Mouse Look

Too be honest, I had the hardest time coming up with the background. I started out thinking I should create Mickey's Clubhouse and have the different characters be in the background, but the more I thought about it I realized that that would take me forever to finish, and I had about four weeks before the videos were to be uploaded, and one of those weeks was going to be spent in Kentucky for a friend's wedding, so technically I only had three weeks to finish everything!  So I created this blue polka-dot background inspired by the ribbon I chose for Minnie's bow instead. It was simple, cute and very Minnie!

The next few things I had to worry about was the costume and the makeup. 
For the Costume, I knew I wanted to use this Navy Skater Skirt I bought from Forever21 ages ago, and never wore it. So you can say that this skirt was one of the deciding factors to my Minnie color palette. In the beginning I wanted a blue and red color palette, but after visiting both Micheal's and Joann's Fabrics, I couldn't find the right polka-dot ribbon that will fit the vision I had. The polka-dots were either too small or too big. Then, I saw this turquoise blue and dark blue ribbon and fell in love, and that is how the entire color palette was formed.

The ears were simple to make. I believe it was Charisma Star, where I first learned the jest of how to make your own Minnie Ears. I provided a link to her video, if you want to check it out. Homegirl is obsessed with Disney! 


Next is the skirt. At first I wanted to paint the white polka dots on, and changed my mind, realizing that creating perfect circles and worrying about the colors bleeding was too much of a headache. So I decided to use iron-on fabric I bought at Joann's. Despite its price, I bought it because I knew this would make my skirt look amazing. 

The Gloves were a last minute idea. And I am glad that I made them because it really pulled the whole look together.

And finally the makeup. I wanted My Minnie to look sweet and friendly. So I decided on a simple look with long extended liner wings to give the illusion of cartoonish lashes, and extremely pink cheeks, to resemble earnest and cheerfulness.

Here is some BTM footage! Hope you like it!
Happy Wandering! Alice


Other related posts:


To see Minnie Mouse's Makeup Tutorial, Click, here.

To see how I made Minnie's Costume, which includes the Minnie Mouse Ears, the gloves, and the Polka Dot ears, CLICK, here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review