Foundations: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation and Powder Review

Another new Matte Foundation and Powder for 2015! I'm not complaining, because I love a Matte look, and I am not complaining about Maybelline's take in their Matte line. I am also loving the fact that they decided to add this in their Fit Me! Line, which means more color selections, and that means a greater chance of finding a shade that fits your skintone!


Right on the packaging it states that it is a "Matte" and "Pore-less" product. Two magical words that most of us, especially the oily-skin types, want from a foundation and a powder. "Matte" to keep us from looking shiny and helps control our oils, and "Pore-less" to give us a flawless complexion. Now who does not want that?




Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation 
Retails: $7.99, can be found at Drugstores (5.0 out of 5.0)

Packing-wise: I love the glass and the sleek look, but I wish there was a pump because I pour out too much product every time I use this foundation.

Formulation-wise: It is a light-medium coverage that is build able. I actually use it as concealer on more problematic areas of my face. The matte-finish is actually more on the satin side, without the sheen, which I happen to prefer. The shine-free lasting power is only about 6-8 hours on my skin, which is not bad but definitely not a foundation I would choose if I need my makeup to last.

This foundation does give you that flawless, pore-less look without it looking like you have a lot of makeup on and with the 16-shade color-range that this line has, it is easy to find a shade that matches your skin perfectly.





Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Powder
Retails: &7.99, can be found at Drugstores (3.0 out of 5.0)

Although I adore its counterpart, I actually am only "eh" about the powder. It's not a bad powder, it's just not amazing.

The texture is very smooth and fine, and works great as a setting powder, as well as, a blotting powder without the danger of caking on too much. Although, it does a great job at re-matting the face, it doesn't keep the face matte for long. I find my skin feeling and looking shiny within two hours of powdering my face.

This powder comes in 8 different shades. I decided to get #100, Translucent because I couldn't figure out which powder fits my skin-tone the best. It also comes with a sponge applicator and a mirror in a separate compartment underneath.

This duo is not a bad combination. They look amazing together, and I absolutely love the foundation! There are two more combinations in the Maybelline's Fit Me! Line that I am dying to try out: the Dewy + Smooth and the Shine Free + Balance! Stay tune for my review on those, once I purchase them of course! Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found this review helpful!

Happy Wandering! Alice


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review