Skincare: Ole Henriksen "3 little Wonders" Review

I have been using the "3 Little Wonders" trio for the past several months now (since the start of February 2015) and from my personal experience, they are definitely "3 Little Wonders".


Ole Henriksen's 3 Little Wonders consists of: (1) The Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster, (2) The Invigorating Night Treatment Gel, and (3) The Sheer Transformation Moisturizer.

"These 3 multitasks work in synergy to brighten, resurface, and hydrate using the most potent untagging powerhouses: Vitamin C, Essential Fatty Acids, & Alpha Hydroxy Acids-- the 3 pillar ingredients of Ole's Skincare."
                                                                                                  --Ole Henriksen--

Ole Henriksen sells each product individually, but they also come in two different size sets. I actually started out with their "Mini" set first, bought at Sephora Online for $22.00, and this little set lasted me for a good solid month, enough time for me to want to continue using it. So I upgraded to the next size-up set which cost $72.00, bought again at Sephora Online. This larger set has enough product to give me almost three months of product, and here I am, still using them, and still loving them.

To be perfectly frank with you, I don't have bad skin, I actually have pretty good skin (I thank my parents for those genes) with the occasionally pimple or two, so I won't be saying things like, "Oh this completely changed my life" or "These products are miracle workers". However, I can say, it helped maintain my complexion. I can also honestly say that it bettered the texture of my skin. I have noticed my skin feeling softer and smoother since using these products.

So I'm going to break down each product and specify what qualities I like in each one of Ole's Powerhouse Pillars.



The first pillar on the list is the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster, the "Vitamin C" Pillar.

I use this in the morning after I wash my face. This serum is extremely lightweight, almost watery in consistency, and it spreads easily onto the skin, and sinks into the skin right away. I use about one and a half to two pumps, which is enough product to cover my entire face, neck and collar bones. I also love its refreshing citrus scent.

Now the key ingredient in this product is Vitamin C, but what makes Ole's Vitamin C Serum so special? Ole claims that this serum in "enriched with a 5-Source Vitamin C Complex that supports natural collagen production, brightens and minimizes fine lines, and protects skin from environmental aggressors." (To read more about Ole's 5-Source Vitamin C Complex, please click on the link provided.)

I'm a huge fan of Vitamin C in skincare, and I believe this serum is the reason my complexion has this brightness to it.


RELATED POST: My "Current" Skincare Routine (2015)

The second pillar to Ole's Skincare Pillar is the Invigorating Night Treatment Gel, the "Essential Fatty Acids" Pillar.


Ole claims that "this powerful gel seals in essential vitamins and minerals for deeply nourished skin-- it supports natural cell turnovers, improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and smooth texture."

I use this at night after my toner. I also need to work fast when using this product because the gel dries really quickly. Once the gel dries, I feel this tight layer on the skin forming, like an outside casing for the skin. This feeling only last for about a minute and it is not uncomfortable.

*Do note* If you have broken skin or any microscopic cuts on the skin, do not use this product. It will sting. 

The last and third pillar is the Sheer Transformation Moisturizer, the "Alpha Hydroxy Acids" pillar and it is also my favorite of the 3 Little Wonders.

Why do I love this moisturizer so much? Because you can physically see it working. After each use, my skin feels incredibly soft!

There are a lot of great properties in this moisturizer that nourishes the skin, which include "Vitamin C & E, and a blend of Sandalwood, Geranium and Chamomile that soothes, balances and purifies the skin to minimize pores."

But what I like about this Moisturizer is its gentle exfoliating properties. Yes, a moisturizer that exfoliates! The first time I used this, my skin shed a lot of dead skin. Nowadays, I only get these little balls of skin from problematic areas, and it's once only once in a while. The exfoliation ingredients consists of "Sugar Cane and a blend of Botanical Fruit Acids (AHAs) that gently exfoliates to refine skin's texture, evens tone, and softens the look of fine lines." All great stuff!

This trio is simply wonderful. A solid 5.0 out of 5.0 from me.

If I have to choose one of the three to recommend to you, I would recommend Pillar 3, the Sheer Transformation Moisturizer because it works and you can feel the results immediately.

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review