Rimmel London Stay Matte Trio: Primer, Foundation & Powder

Hi everyone! Yes, it's been a while since I posted, but I was on vacation and decided to take a week off on at least one of my platforms. I had a great time, and today I am back with an entire collection for you. I have been eyeballing this Rimmel London Stay Matte Set for a while now, and since it is now full on summer with the sun and temperature, I felt now is a great time to actually put these to the test.


This collection consist of the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation, and the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. 

The Stay Matte Primer ($7.99) has a white, cream texture that feels like a light moisturizer. Rimmel claims this primer is lightweight that minimizes the look of pores and controls shine up to 8 hrs. 

The Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation ($7.99) has a creamy, mouse texture with medium coverage. Rimmel claims this foundation is light weight and oil-free that delivers all day shine control with a natural matte finish, and it minimizes the look of pores.

Finally, the Stay Matte Pressed Powder ($5.99) is a finely milled pressed powder that is claimed to give the skin up to 5 hours of shine control with natural minerals while minimizes the look of pores.

From the descriptions of each product, I noticed two things all three products claim to do for the skin: 
(1) Shine-Control, and (2) Minimize the look of pores.


So, did these three products do all of these things? Well...sort of.

I tend to like my skin fully moisturized day and night, so I look quite shiny after my skincare routine. So having a primer that will dull the shine of my skin is preferred. However, the Stay Matte Primer did not dull the shine as much as I would have liked. The Primer is lightweight as it claims, and it did help with blurring out my pores. 

The Foundation has a great medium coverage that evened out my skintone wonderfully. Although I was expecting a matte finish, I would consider the finish to be semi-matte than a full on matte look. 


The final step is where the matte magic happens. This powder was able to set my foundation as well as provide a complete matte look but still keeping the skin looking soft and natural. I would have to say the pressed powder is my favorite of the three.

The final question is whether these products kept my shine-free or not. The primer promised up to 8-hrs of shine-free skin, the foundation promised all day shine-free skin, and the powder promised up to 5 hours. On an especially hot and humid day, these three products actually did hold up to five hours before the makeup started melting off, while on a regular day, I didn't need to touch up until the end of the day. The makeup does crease a bit around my nose and chin area, but nothing a little bit of rubbing can't fix. 

Overall, these products are not bad...just not great for humidity or on an extremely hot day, especially if you have oily skin. 

Have you tried this Stay Matte Trio by Rimmel London yet? What is your experience with it?
Let me know in the comments.

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

  1. Loved your article Alice :)
    I've only tried the Stay Matte Powder wich is quite famous on the internet as a dupe for the MAC Mineralize SkinFinish (which I've never tried), and I really liked it.
    It actually did quite well on hot and humid weather (around 40°C)
    It also has a good matifying effect :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review