Bare Minerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo Review

Hi everyone! Today I want to share with you my very first BareMinerals face product. BareMinerals is known to have great face makeup products, so when I received this Powder Duo in my recent BoxyCharm Beauty Subscription Box, I was ecstatic!

This is the Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo, and it retails at $32.00.

Visibly, the powders are gorgeous in their little pans at 3 grams each, one matte powder and one glow powder. They both have a soft, silky texture of extremely, finely milled powder. 

I do have to warn you that they look terribly swatched on the hand. It comes off looking patchy and powdery. In order to see the real effect of the powder, you will need to use a powder brush to brush it on your face. Swatching it in-stores won't show you the full potential of these powders, in fact, it may turn you off from it.

However, when you do use the right tool to apply these powders on, the effect it gives to your skin is wonderful. I love using the matte to powder away shine from my skin, and I love using the glow side to give a subtle sheen to the skin.
Even though BareMinerals claims this powder duo can be used as a setting and finishing powder, I find these powders to be too fine and airy to be a decent setting powder. To me, these powders work best as a finishing veil. It provides the skin with a beautiful matte or glowy finish with a soft touch.

I do prefer the glow side of the duo. It gives my skin more of a boosted, livelier look. The sheen is subtle and not over-powering, even in direct sunlight. Overall, it's an easy powder to use to give the skin a healthy, natural glow, and you are not limited to using the powder on just your face either. It gives the shoulders and collarbone a beautiful sheen too, perfect for those sleeveless tops for the summer!

Have you tried this BareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo before? What are you thoughts of this palette? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering! Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review