Lipsticks: MUA - Makeup Academy "Extreme Shimmer" Lipsticks Review

I want to start off with saying I love the fact that CVS is carrying another line of makeup, and the fact that MUA (Makeup Academy) created this whole line just for CVS, makes the line seem even more amazing! 

For those of you guys that do not already know, MUA is not a new makeup brand. In fact, they have been around in England for a while now, and they are known to be super affordable. They are like the Eyeslipsface brand of England. Now, they are entering the U.S market with a whole new line exclusive to selected CVS stores. At the moment, they only have lip products, makeup brushes, and eyelashes available, but I am hoping they will expand to other beauty categories. 


Today I will be reviewing their "Extreme Shimmer" Lipsticks. They cost $8.00 a piece and there are nine colors available. 

These lipstick claim to be a sheer wash of color with light diffusing pearl-blend shimmer in a slim-stick tube for easy precision.


I do like the slim packaging. I find it easy to hold while applying. However, I do not like the formula of these lipsticks. They are a little too sheer with too much silver shimmers in them. You might as will dip your lips in shimmer and call it a day. The color also does not last very long on the lips because the lipstick is very thin and slick, so it wipes off very easily. However, for it being so slick, it is not very moisturizing. I find my lips feeling dry within an hour or two of application.

Here are the swatches of the ones I purchased. Luckily I bought these when they were buy one get one free. 

Top: #297 Light Lavender.
Bottom: #296 Coral.
I know the swatches look extremely nice on camera, but each of these swatches have at least four layers to them. So if you want more color on your lips, the color is buildable, and luckily you cannot feel the grains of shimmer, so go happy with applying. 

I give these lipsticks a 2.0 out of 5.0.

If you are in the teenage to early twenties age-range, you might enjoy the shimmer. I know I did at that age. However, at my age of 26, I find the extreme shimmer to be kiddish, but to each their own. If you are looking for an extremely shimmery lipstick, you might like this. Just remember to carry the lipstick around with you because you will need to reapply throughout the day, either for color or for moisturizing purposes.

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review