Foundations: L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation Review

Pro Long-Wear. Air-light Texture. Demi-Matte.

That is everything I want in a foundation, and this foundation promises just that. It also seems like a new popular favorite among beauty bloggers and vloggers, so I knew I had to try it to see for myself. 

You can find this at Drugstores retailing at $12.99. I bought mine in the shade 104; Golden Beige.

Initially, I loved this foundation. I even raved about it in my recent drugstore haul. This foundation is extremely light-weight with a light to medium coverage. The minute I blended it on my face, the foundation becomes this sheer powder that clings to the skin. The finish is a matte-finish and is extremely long-wearing. I haven't tried it out for the for the foundation's promised 24 Hrs, but I did test it out for a good 12 hours, and the foundation held up pretty well without me having to touch it up once, not even with blotting paper (I have oily-combination skin). 


However, since it is a thin, matte foundation, it does not have much moisture to it, so I have to apply a good moisturizer on my face, as well as, a primer, or the foundation will look cakey and it will settle into my fine lines, which ages me quite a bit. I also notice that I need an Refreshing Mist to give extra moisture to my skin so my foundation will look more natural. 

I will give this foundation a 3.5 out of 5.0. I love the matte-finish, the coverage, and the longevity of the foundation, but I don't enjoy all the extra steps I need to do just to make it look like I am not wearing a face full of makeup and without aging me 10 years.

This is definitely not for someone with dry skin and perfect for those that have oily skin. Even for an oily-combination skin-type like myself, I still need to moisturize my face really well.

I hope this review was helpful! Happy Wandering! Alice




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review