Lipsticks: L'oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lip Color

Within the L'oreal Infallible Pro Collection, L'oreal also came out with 24 shades of Pro-Last Lip Colors. At $12.99 a piece, there are shades ranging from Nudes to Bright Pinks to Reds, everything you can think of. They all looked so pretty in their display that I decided to pick one up. 

I picked the color #111, Passionate Petal, an intense Rosey-Pink color. 

To be honest, I am glad that I only bought this one shade, because I did not like this at all.

The overall pigmentation is great, intense and opaque. The gloss doe-foot applicator is nicely shaped, making it easy to neatly shape the lips. The balm part of the lip product feels nice on lips as well, smooth and buttery, even though the moisturizing factor does not last very long.

The reason why I did not like this product was the lip color's formula. Even though it had a nice pigment to it, it applies on the lips unevenly. I had to add two to three layers to get an even coating on my lips. When the product sets, my lips look like I had applied a sticker layer of color to them, like one of those lip tattoos. It does not look pretty. 


The balm part of the product is suppose to seal in the color, so that it does not wear off for 24 hours. However, within an hour (picture below), you can already see some wear happening at the outer edges of the lips, as if the lip color is shrinking. You can really see the shrinkage on the next picture, where it was taken after three hours of wear. You can also see some faded spots on my lips where they touched my coffee cup. So I would have to say this is not a 24 hr wear lip product, as it claims to be. 

Left: After an hour wear, Right: After 3 hours of wear.

I rate this product a 1.0 out of 5.0. It was a disappointment for me and I do not recommend this. For a lip product at the drugstore to cost $12.99, it better perform better than this! So please spend your money elsewhere.

I hope this review was helpful!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the wonderful blog and such nice information. Hope to read more about your experience. Follow haute her natural tips Lip Products

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review