[Holiday 2016] BareMinerals Nude & Nice Mini Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor Trio Review

So I was looking for a few beauty stocking stuffers from Sephora to review and hopefully help you all out with your holiday shopping, and I came across this little set. This little set holds three deluxe size lip colors from bareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor line for $18.00 with the value of $27.00. "Not Bad," I thought when I added it to my cart. 

Now I have tried it for a week, and let's say, I am very disappointed.

 I'm going to start with what I like about this set. The packaging is chic with its matte, round plastic and black top. The colors look beautiful in their tubes, and they smell fantastic, like warm taffy.

Now for the negatives. Two of the colors looked beautiful inside their bottles, but look horrific on my lips! I looked like a dead chicken or an orange, lipped clown when I had Wink and Infamous on my lips. I know it doesn't look that way in the photos, but in daylight, it was bad! Luckily Juju turned out to be one of those nude-rosy colors I tend to wear a lot and love.


The colors were not the only reason on why I did not like the set. The formula is also terrible! It applied streaky, especially Wink and Infamous, who are the lighter shades. Also, after wearing the colors for about 20 minutes, my lips looked quite wrinkly and dry. Lastly, the colors did not last very long on the lips. 


I don't want to say the entire line of bareMinerals' Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolors is horrible because these are not their full size products. Also, products that come in value kits like this one sometimes do not have the same color or formula as the full size ones. I don't know why some companies do that because it really ruins the reputation of the actual product, but what do I know right? So what I am trying to say is to not buy this little set. It's really not worth the money despite it being a good value for the buck.

Have you tried any of the full sizes from bareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolors yet? How is it? Does it apply streaky? How did it wear? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Click for more Holiday Makeup Sets & Kits Review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review