Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation Review

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna is probably the largest launch of 2017! Everyone went crazy over it. Beauty Bloggers were buying everything the collection had to offer, and new review videos are uploaded everyday. Now if you haven't heard who Rihanna is, then you have been living under a rock the past decade, because Rihanna is HUGE! Go google her, I am sure you will fall in love with her music. 

Back on topic, Rihanna's Makeup Line, Fenty Beauty...now don't judge me...I was not as excited as most beauty lovers were. For me this is just a new makeup line among thousands of makeup brands that I have not tried yet. And from the mixed reviews online about the brand has me stopping from buying everything from the line. So when Sephora offered a sample of the Fenty Beauty Foundation, I snatched it up. Better to try a sample versus regretting a full on purchase, don't you agree?

Sample of the Foundation I received, Shade #220, but I think #190 is the perfect shade match for me.
So long story short, I tried the sample. My first experience with it was completely satisfying. The foundation applied great with a beauty sponge, as well as, a foundation brush (I prefer the brush). The foundation blended on amazingly, and my complexion was evened out with a natural, matte finish. So first impressions? GOOD. And every application after that was just as nice.



Fenty Beauty describes the Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation "as a medium to full coverage with a soft matte finish for all skin types. It also has an oil-free formula that is made with climate-adaptive technology that is resistant to swear and humidity, and does not clog your pores."



The awesome thing about this foundation is that it has one of the largest foundation shade ranges on the market today, and it is one of the reasons why Fenty Beauty is the talk of the year! This foundation has a range of 40 shades, and there is already talk about Rihanna adding more shades in the future!

Now let's talk about the formula. This foundation does settle down to a nice, soft matte. The coverage is medium but still looks natural. You do not need to set this foundation, and I recommend you do not because the powder just sits on top of the foundation, making the overall finish look a bit dusty and cakey, especially on dryer areas of your face. Trust me, I did the mistake of powdering up one day before leaving the house, and when I looked at my skin in my car's rearview mirror...I got a nasty surprise at how powdery I looked! So, if you have dry skin, I recommend you moisturize your skin very well beforehand. I have oily-combination skin, and I still need to moisturize and use a moisturizing primer before applying this matte foundation on. 

I have heard that this foundation's color darkens a bit once it dries, and I agree. My foundation do darkened a bit once it settles, but it does not turn orange, so it did not oxidize. 

Will I be picking up the full size at $34.00? I am actually contemplating on buying the foundation in the right shade. Even though I can get away with wearing the sample shade #220 (medium skin with warm peach undertones), it is too dark for my skintone especially once it dries down. The shade that I believe is the right color for me is #190 (light-medium skin with neutral undertones). Unfortunately, the shade is sold out at Sephora at the moment.

Have you tried anything from the New Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Makeup Line yet? What are your favorites? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review