Tarte Cosmetics' Cult Favorite & Award Winning Mascara Tested!

Hello beauty lovers! Today I have for you a well-known and well-loved mascara from Tarte Cosmetics, the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara. I am sure this mascara is no stranger to you. It is a Tarte Classic. It even received an award from Allure "The Beauty Expert" in 2016 for Reader's Choice. 


Since I had not tried this mascara until now, I thought why not let you know my thoughts on this famous mascara and let you know if I think it's worth the hype or not. 
First off, the exterior of this mascara is truly one-of-a-kind. I have not yet seen another mascara packaged like this. I am sure Tarte has this packaging patented. 

The brush head of the mascara is also a great, it is a simple tapered brush. It is small enough to reach all the lashes, as well as, the lower lash line.

The problem I have with it is the formula. I find the formula to be quite dry. It would always leave little balls of dry product on my lashes that will eventually flake off, so throughout the day I have to wipe off little black flakes on my cheeks. It pretty annoying. If you want to see the little balls of formula on my lashes, linked below is a video review on where I apply this mascara on camera.


It's not that I don't like the way the mascara makes my lashes look, but with all the hype surrounding this product, I am a bit underwhelmed. The 4-in-1 attached to its name promises to provide the lashes with four things: length, volume, curl and condition. What I look for in the mascara is length and volume, since the curl and conditioner part is something I really can not test or see a difference of.


Length-wise, it did great in this department. With one coat, it gave my lashes great length...however, there is no volume. With a second coat, I am able to see some volume, but in return, I also got a lot of clumping. Some days I have better looking lashes with two coats, and on other days, it's just a disaster. The photo you see above is one of those good days. It also smudges on me.

I am a bit disappointed with this mascara. This is suppose to be Tarte's #1 Mascara! However, it just did not live up to the hype for me. 

What are your thoughts on the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara? Did it live up to the hype for you? Let me know in the comments! 
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click, to read more post on WORTH THE HYPE? products!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review