Mascaras: Pur Minerals Big Look Waterproof with Argan Oil Mascara Review

Can be purchased on Pur Minerals' Website for $20.00

This is probably one of the most waterproof mascaras I have ever tried in my life! So waterproof mascara lovers, if you want a resilient mascara that will last all day, this is the mascara for you.

Even though it gets an A+ in the waterproof department, there are still some issues that I am not a fan of.


But before we get into all that negativity, can we please take a minute to appreciate the packaging? How cute is the handle? It really does look like there are water droplets on the tube's handle. The faux-droplets are raised as well, so you can feel its rugged texture. The beautiful bright turquoise is gorgeous as well. The whole package screams "WATERPROOF". 


Now for the negative points about this mascara:

1. It is extremely hard to take off! This mascara seriously does not budge! It may be a great thing for some of you, but for me it's a nightmare. Even my trusted Neutrogena Waterproof Eye Makeup remover will not take all of it off. It's just a hassle, and I always lose a few lashes in the removal process (A Sparse-lash Girl's worse nightmare.)

2. Formula does not set. After a few hours of wearing this, the mascara still feels sticky. I was not a fan. 

3. The scent is very unsettling. It reminds me of ink, the ink that Chinese/Japanese calligraphy artists use.  I have never liked the scent back in my Chinese School days, and I still do not like the scent now.


Now let's talk about the good points:

1. Waterproof:

If you go swim in the ocean, this will still be on with no smudging! I even took a shower with it on, and to my dismay, it didn't come off.

2. The brush:

I admit, in the beginning, I didn't like the brush. I felt that it did nothing for my lashes. However, after trying it out a couple more times, and found a technic that worked for me, I ended up liking it. The brush has really short rubber bristles, that allows the product to not clump-up on your lashes, however, you will need to wiggle and brush up your lashes a couple of times in order to get enough product on your lashes to see a difference. This brush is perfect and easy to use on lower lashes. 

3. Argan Oil:

I have never seen another mascara containing Argan Oil in it before. Don't know how beneficial it is due to the fact that the mascara causes the lashes to be hard and brittle-like anyways, but knowing that the ingredient is there, makes me feel like I'm taking good care of my lashes. The power of wishful thinking!

Overall, this is an okay waterproof mascara. I do not see myself using it, only because I'm not a fan of waterproof mascaras, and this one in particular is insanely hard to take off. But if you are looking for a mascara that can withstand a monsoon, this is the mascara for you! 

I hope you find this review helpful! 
Happy Wandering! Alice








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review