Review: Smith's Rosebud Salve

I would have never thought to buy this product if it weren't for my silly need to always get free shipping and I was only a few dollars away on Sephora's $50 minimum in order to get free shipping. So this Salve was literally an impulse buy, but it was a great impulse buy.

I am not surprised that I ended up really enjoying this balm, due to all the raves I have been hearing online about it, and after researching more about the product's beginnings, I am even more interested in trying out more of their products.

You can buy Smith's Rosebud Salve (here), at $6.00.


One of the pros and cons about this salve is the container it comes with. I love the look of the old-fashion tin (the packaging hasn't changed since 1892), but I am also frustrated with it, because it can be hard to open, especially is your hands are slippery. 

The tin packaging is not the only thing that hasn't changed, the formula for the original Rosebud Salve hasn't changed either. This salve is a multi-purpose balm, meant to be cure all you skin's woos.


The texture of the salve is smooth & oily, with a slight pleasant rosy scent. I like to use this on my cuticles, and it works amazing! I don't use this everyday, only when my cuticles need it, and within two days my dry, cracked cuticles are back to looking healthy and moisturized.

 It is also great on the lips. I like to use it over lipstick. It adds another great layer of moisture which I love since I find lipsticks (matte & cream finishes) to be a bit heavy at times. The balm seems to help break up that heaviness and allows flexibility back to the lips. 

Other ways to use the Rosebud Salve that are recommended on the Rosebud Perfume Co.'s website are: as an eyeshadow base, to tame frizzy hairs or eyebrow hairs, soothe skin irritations or lessen pain, & it can accent your collarbone, cheeks & shoulders. I haven't tried these out yet, because I have a feeling that it would be too oily for most of these uses, but for the way I have been using it, it works and I am quite pleased with it. 

I highly recommend this for dry skin, whether it is on your cuticles, lips, or elbows and knees, this stuff will work within days. I am so glad that I bought it, and am really interested in trying out their Strawberry Lip Balm as well. I will wait until I am nearly through with my current lip balm (e.l.f Studio Conditioning Lip Balm) before purchasing more lip balms.   

Hope you enjoyed this review!
Happy Wandering! Alice


Comments

  1. Great review, love the old fashioned packaging :)

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the packaging too. It's part of their charm. =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review