[Holiday 2016] Ciate London "Chloe Morello" Beauty Haul Makeup Set Review

What a wonderful Beauty Haul Set from Ciate London! This is a $49.00 set with a $219.00 value. This is also a collaboration set with Australian based YouTuber, Chloe Morello. I had never heard of her before until I bought this set, and now I am a fan. Haha!

This kit comes with four products. Two deluxe samples of Ciate's Liquid Velvet Matte Lipstick in Pin Up and their Wonderland Mascara in Black Magic, as well as, a makeup bag where all the products fit perfectly inside.

But the one product that I am most excited about is of course the eyeshadow palette. I was on and off about purchasing this set for the longest time. I would put it in my cart, then take it out of my cart, and after three weeks of debating I finally decided to make the purchase. It was one of the best Holiday purchases I had made so far this year. 

Here are the swatches of the shadows before I get into the details about the quality of this palette.
From left to right, starting from the top left shadow: Skinny Dip (light brown matte), Unconditional (fair terracotta matte), On Fire (burnt brown matte), Queen Bee (rich deep brown matte), Shine Bright (med bronze/brown shimmer), Vaycay (wheat shimmer), My Tribe (linen matte), Be Sassy (soft pink matte), Jet Setter (light rose matte), Happy (deep taupe shimmer), Dainty (pale fleshy peach shimmer), Fierce (cranberry shimmer), Flirt (cranberry matte), Day Dream (deep wine matte), Own It (rich purple shimmer) 


There are six shimmers in this palette. They are not the most pigmented of shadows, but if you really want a more intense color, just apply the shadows on wet. The mattes are the stars of this palette. There are nine mattes, and all of them has this silky, almost moist texture that makes them easy to apply and even easier to blend.

I am also in love with the color range of this palette. For some, there may be too many neutrals, but how I see it, is this palette has great flow due to the great number of neutrals available. To create the perfect transition from color to color, you need several neutrals to create the perfect gradient effect. This palette has those neutrals and more! The shimmers also help with adding a bit of a glam touch, if you so desire, and the two shadows, "Own it" and "Day Dream" offer the choice of a deep and dark smokey eye. So there is a lot of versatile looks you can create with this single palette.


I have been using this palette several times a week now, ever since I opened it...so three weeks now? Haha. It's not a long time, but usually when I have finished testing out a product to review, I more than not, would stop using the product and move on to another product to test out. However, I am still using this palette, so that says a lot on how much I like this. The only reason I do not recommend it, is that there are so many neutral palettes out there, and I am sure everyone has a least one of them. When you have one, you basically have all, and this is $49.00. It is a lot of money for an eyeshadow palette that everyone "basically" already owns. There is not one shadow in here that is unique enough to justify me recommending it. It is your average, neutral palette. It's just well put together.

Have you tried out this Chloe Morello Beauty Haul Holiday Set yet? What are your thoughts on it? Let me know in the comments! 

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review