[Holiday 2016] NARS Mind Game Velvet Lip Glide Set Review

This has been one of the most sought after holiday sets that is out at Sephora at the moment. It has been out-of-stock and restocked twice now, and it is only sold exclusively at Sephora, so there really is no alternative way or venue to buy it. I feel really fortunate to get my hands on it.

The NARS Mind Game Velvet Lip Glide Set retails at $45.00 with the value of $104.00. It comes with six deluxe-sizes of Nars Velvet Lip Glides, three are cult-favorite shades and three are limited edition shades.

I love the packaging of these Lip Glides, everything from the shape, to the matte tops, and I love how you can position the tubes to spell the brand's name, which I find very neat and cool.

There are two things that are not so great about this set. One is that there is not much color variation. The four middle shades are very similar to each other. You might as well have bought one color. Second, the wear time of these lip glides are not very long. On my lips, on average, wear time is about two hours. I hope that is not the case for the full-sized lip products.

If you are looking for a solid, full coverage liquid lipstick that dries matte, then I will have to burst your bubble here and let you know that these Nars Velvet Lip Glides are only semi-matte, and their texture and coverage are a cross between a lip gloss and liquid lipstick.


I know what I just wrote is very discouraging. It looks like a lot against these products, but believe it or not, I do enjoy using these. I like the fact that the coverage is not so strong that it makes these lip colors to be more wearable. The texture is slick and creamy, and they feel very comfortable on the lips. The color may not last long, but the moisture does. 

Oh, did I mention the colors are beautiful, even though they do look a bit alike.
Here are the lip products up close and their swatches.
From left to right: Bound (Soft lilac pink), No. 675 (Brick Red), Chez Claude (Pink Magenta), Unspeakable (Cherry Red), Plato's (Deep Magenta), & Toy (Deep Plum). 

The Limited Edition colors are: No. 675, Chez Claude, and Plato's. 

For $45.00, you are getting a fantastic value to test out six of Nars Velvet Lip Glides, who retails at $26.00 for 0.2 oz, where in this set you are paying $7.50 per deluxe Lip Glide for 0.12 oz of product. Also, with the holiday set packaged so nicely, this would make a great gift for your average beauty lover.

I hope you enjoyed this review! Let me know if you have tried the full-size Nars Velvet Lip Glides, and if they are anything like I described about these deluxe ones. It would be most helpful!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Click for more Holiday Makeup Sets & Kits Review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review