Review: "NEW" Milani Rose Powder Blushes

Milani recently came out with some new products (which I did pick a lot up), but today I want to focus on their new blushes because they are so visually appealing! These blushes have a 3-D rose-molded shape in a nice clear, plastic cover with a gold casing.  These do not come with a mirror or a brush, like most drugstore blushes would. 

The overall look is very sophisticated and very spring appropriate.


I know that this picture is not doing the blushes any favors. I will have other pictures of the blushes without it's clear-plastic covering later on the post. However, it doesn't take away the fact that these are some of the most beautiful-looking, drugstore blushes I have ever seen in a while.
At the moment, Milani only came out with three colors, retailing at $7.99:

 01 Romantic Rose (A bright rose-pink)
05 Coral Cove (A bright, bold orange-coral)
 08 Tea Rose (A muted Mauve-Pink)

I have a strong feeling that these are just teaser colors, a few of many that Milani plans on featuring more of this year, but do not quote me on this. I am just being hopeful that this is true.

Left: Coral Cove, Right: Tea Rose
Each blush is matte and extremely pigmented. I bought two from CVS (Coral Cove & Tea Rose), and I find that they both pack quite a punch of color. I wouldn't mind a pigmented blush if they were easy to work with, however, these are not the easiest blushes to work with, so using a very light-hand with this blush is highly recommended. 

They are also kick off a lot of powder, so it can get quite messy. Make sure to knock off any excess powder on your brush before applying to the cheeks to avoid applying too much color on a single spot of your face, since this blush is hard to blend out. 

However, once you have mastered the art of applying these blushes, you will find that they give your complexion this beautiful sheen of color, that all the hardships they gave you to get to this point is all worth it. 

I do seeing myself getting more of these blushes, if Milani comes out with more shades. At $7.99 a blush, you do get quite a lot of product (0.60 oz/17 g) and it will take forever to use up. 

I hope this review was insightful!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. I've got two of the blushes, they are soo pretty + last all day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them, they truly are gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this lovely review!
    like these blushes.Fantastic shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helena! Do you have Milani available in your country?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review