DIY: Valentine's Day "Growing Love" Tissue Paper Heart Flower

What is one of the most common gifts that people give to their significant other or someone that they care about on Valentine's Day, that is not chocolate?

The answer is Flowers! 

Flowers are sweet and lovely but temporary. So I decided to create a flower that will not only last longer than a bouquet of Roses, but will also symbolize the "Growth of Love" within a relationship. 



I love working with Tissue Paper, so I knew I wanted to use it in this project. To keep the Valentine theme, I chose pink for the color scheme, and I cut the petals into heart shapes. 

I also wanted this to symbolize "love" and love is not something that is temporary, and it is always evolving, changing. I want this flower to represent that change, that growth, so I decided to make this flower into a potted flower, as if it is still growing. 

This was actually not too hard to make. Most of the time went to cutting out the heart-petals and leaves. The great thing about working with tissue paper is that it is so easy to glue down and there is a lot of gluing in the project, nothing too heavy duty, white craft glue is more than enough to get things done.

If you are interested in learning how to create this step-by-step, please click to watch my video tutorial:

If you happen to make someone this for Valentine's Day, please take a picture and tag on on Instagram(@WanderwithAlice) or Twitter (@WanderwithAlice), I would love to see it! 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope you have a great day!
xoxo, Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review