Review: Nuance by Salma Hayek "Renewed Radiance Brightening BB Cream, SPF 30"





I love Salma Hayek as an actress, but boy, I do not like her Renewed Radiance Brightening BB Cream. 

What a bummer. 

For those that do not know, Actress Salma Hayak has an entire beauty line (makeup and skincare), exclusive to CVS, called "Nuance" by Salma Hayak, inspired by her Grandmother. To be honest, I have seen this brand at CVS for years and always walked by it. (It also doesn't help "Nuance" is located right next to L'oreal Paris at my local CVS.)

So when I was on a hunt to try out more drugstore BB creams, I decided to give this one a try. Salma's BB Cream is located with all her skincare products in the skincare aisle and retails around $15.00 for 1.0 fl oz of product. 




This BB Cream claims that it will even skin tone, hydrate the skin, as well as, brightens and smoothes the appearance of wrinkles. It also contains Dermaxyl (an anti-wrinkle ingredient) and Vitamins C and E. 

This BB Cream comes in two shades: Light/Medium & Medium/Deep.  I got mine in the color light/medium, which matches my skin tone well. 

I love the packaging.
 I like the design on the squeeze bottle.
I like that it has a high SPF (30).
 And I like the scent (which is a nice, fresh botanical smell)

 But that is all I like about the BB Cream.


Out of the tube, the consistency of this Cream is thick and creamy. It actually goes on the skin smoothly, but once it's on, I noticed how incredibly shiny my skin looked, and it felt heavy and sticky, but there was no coverage.  I "felt" as if I slabbed a layer of butter on my face  and it "looks" like I have a pound of butter on my face even if I  try to set it with a powder. The BB never really sets and as the day goes on, I just feel more and more oily. 

I tried this BB Cream three times, and all three times I just felt dirty and in a real need for a good shower. This is definitely a BB Cream for those that have dry or mature skin, since the Nuance line is targeted to an older crowd. Maybe in twenty or so years I will find myself loving this product, but right now, this is not what my skin likes or needs.

Have you tried any products from the Nuance by Salma Hayek Line yet? If so, do you have any recommendations for me to try? Let me know! 

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review