Lip Stains: Wet N Wild Mega Slicks Balm Stain Moisturizing Lip Colors Review

This is my first time trying out these Wet n Wild chubby stick stains, but they have been out for quite a while now, however, there are six new shades that Wet n Wild has released this year, and should be on displays in both CVS and Walgreens, but today I am reviewing what I think about them and all that fun stuff. 


These two pictured here are the lovely Mega Slicks Balm Stains that I have purchased myself. They can be found at drugstores, as well as, anywhere else that carries Wet n Wild. They have a total of 12 shades available (6 are released this year) and retails at $2.99.

They are lip balms in a form of chubby sticks, that are twistable (no need to sharpen), and are suppose to give your lips a nice, lasting stain. They also contain Acai Palm Oil that is suppose to be moisturizing and to keep the color from feathering. 

Here are swatches of the two that I have bought (With Flash & No Flash):
 "Coral of the Story" is one of the six new shades.
It is a sweet, coral-pink color.

"Red-Dy or Not" is one of the existing shades of last year.
It is a nice, bright red.

For me these balm stains are not moisturizing enough. The slick feeling disappears within an hour of application. I don't mind reapplying since its stick form makes it very easy to reapply, and the formula makes it easy to reapply without a mirror as well.

The pigmentation on the other hand was a pleasant surprise. For some reason, I was expecting this balm to give my lips a sheer wash of color, but the ones I have has great pigmentation.

Now let's talk about the stain. The lasting power is amazing. I put it through 8 hrs of sleep, through my morning coffee, and through my In-n-Out feast, and the stain manages to cling onto my lips. It's the color of the stain that is weird. Whether I use the pink coral balm or the bright red balm, the stain it gives my lips is this dark, hot pink color!  I wondered if anyone else have this problem, so I went online to read some reviews, and it looks like a lot of people have the same issue! It's not that the stain is an atrocious color, it's just something I was not expecting and sometimes the pink just doesn't coordinate with the rest of my makeup.

All in all, I give this balm a 3 out of 5. It has great pigment and great color options, but the moisture is not there, and the actual color of the balm does not last long on the lips. The hot pink stain on the other hand can last you well into the next day. 

I hope this review was helpful! There is so much new products that Wet N Wild has come out with this 2015! I can not wait to start hunting for them!
Happy Wandering! Alice


Comments

  1. Such a nice Post and Nice information we really like this.Have a look at haute her for basic makeup tips and tricks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review