Ciate Triple Shot Mascara Review

When I first heard of the brand Ciate London, all they had was nail polishes and nail art products available at Sephora. Now it seems that Sephora is finally getting their makeup which is exciting.

So this Triple Shot Mascara is my first "Makeup" product from Ciate, retailing at $22.00.

Before I go into detail about what I think about the mascara's formula, let's take a quick peek at the mascara wand. The brush is shaped as a star! On the side you can't really tell, but if you point it directly towards you, you can see that there are five points to the wand. It's pretty neat, but other than that the brush is your typical tapered, rubber-bristle mascara wand.

Ciate claims that their Triple Shot Mascara does everything: it lengthens, it gives volume, it defines, and it curls the lashes. Judging by the picture, you can clearly see that it did significantly change my lashes. My lashes look incredibly more dramatic!
However, even though I love the way this mascara made my lashes look, I actually am not going to use this mascara again. One, it smudges a lot, and two, it is incredibly hard to take off! I used my usual oil-based Neutrogena Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover to take this off, and no matter how long I let the cotton pad sit and soak on my eye, there is always product leftover on my lashes. The killer was when I lost three eyelashes in the process! 
The performance of the mascara was excellent, even though the ending was terrible. I like the mascara enough to be curious about what other makeup products Ciate has to offer.

Have you tried any of Ciate's makeup yet, besides their nail products? Which ones are your favorite? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review