My 1st Time trying Press-On Nails!

In the pass I would just throw a glance at these press-on nails as I walk down the beauty aisles. I was curious and impressed with the different variation and designs there are, but I was always afraid to give them a try. The main reason was the trying to take them off part of the process. I also never went to a salon to have acrylics or gel nails put on before either. So I had zero experience.

Well that ends now because I decided to try these on! Whatever happens, happens! 

The design I bought was from imPRESS Manicure, "Gel Glitter Accent". At CVS, this set retails at $8.99, but on the imPRESS Manicure Website, it retails at $6.99.
So what happened?

Well...it was an experience trying to put them on. I didn't read all the instructions, and pressed the thumb nails on first, where in the instructions, they clearly advise you do those last. The reason behind that logic is that the hardest nails to put on are the smaller nails, and you need your thumbs for precision, but once you have the nails on the thumbs, good bye to precision, and it is difficult to peel off the plastic from the glue as well.


Once they were on, I didn't like the square-shape of the ends or the length. I had to clip and file down to the shape and size of my liking, but once I had the overall shape I wanted, I finally was able to appreciate the color, the shine, and the pretty accent design. 

There are, however, as few cons having these nails on. It was a bit cumbersome, and they made everyday, little things a bit difficult to do, for example, opening packages. Oh, and trying to wash your hair with these on is a nightmare. Every strand of hair seems to want to cling on to every crack it can find between the fake nail and the real nail. 

I wouldn't wear these on a daily basis, but for a day or two for a special occasion is ideal. It's a lot better going into a salon and paying 3x the price, and you can easily peel these off without damaging your natural nails. 

I also filmed my entire experience of putting these on and taking them off. Here is the link to that video, if you are interested in hearing and seeing my experience.

Have you tried press-on nails before? What are your thoughts on them? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review